Dedicated to Phillumeny, the Phillu is a matchbox shaped portable memory storage device with matchsticks that have 5 GB storage capacity. Nine sticks in the box, essentially translating to 45 GB collective capacity. The trick is that you really need to light the sticks to transfer the data.
To transfer data by sticks:
- Push the case from behind to choose and pick an available stick.
- Put the stick head at the end of the striker.
- Strike the stick quickly along the striker adding pressure.
- Now the stick turns into burned black match, making it possible to give it to another Phillu owner to share your data without the need of any computer in between.
- Sharing your data with others will be completed after they plug in the stick to their own Phillu.
Do not let kids play with matches!
Designers: Emir Rifat ISIK & Burak Kaynak