Surreal Food Is Real And Printed

Electrolux Moléculaire is this 3D molecular food printer that relies on the expirimental molecular cooking technology. This tech has been around for a while; but too futuristic for mass usage presently. As a part of the finalist eight in the Electrolux Design Lab Challenge, Moléculaire predicts a revolution in cooking styles in the future, without taking any shortcuts or compromising on the quality of gourmet food. A style that will appeal to both chefs and newbies.

How Moléculaire Works:

It’s based on a layer-by-layer printing technique that arranges small particles from a set of ingredients. Within minutes, it prints out three-dimensional desserts, complex structures, shapes for molecular dishes, and patterns for decorating a meal. In addition, it’s easy to use. You simply insert a blister pack into the reservoir, place Moléculaire on top of a plate, and press the start button. Users can also create their own recipes with special software and their own ingredients. Ambitious users can download recipes and share them with other users in an online community. Moléculaire is a futuristic kitchen appliance that offers several new possibilities to professional chefs as well as home users. It uses polycarbonate as the main material, with plans on applying this material in three different variations, each providing the right characteristics for the different parts of the design. Transparent polycarbonate can be used for the window, black tinted for the lid/display, and white for the body. The robotic printer arm and head could be made from aluminum. A blue (O)LED backlight accentuates the processes inside the printer.

Vote for your favorite Design here.

Designer: Nico Kläber

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

moleculaire2

Electrolux Moléculaire 3D Molecular Food Printer by Nico Kläber

Shares 845

• Carl says:

Two thirds of the world’s population do not have sufficient food, while here in the decadent west we dream up horrendous ideas like this to quench our ever tireless greed. Designer detached from reality and morals.

• HungryAlcoholic says:

Theres nothing wrong with someone coming up with progress, let me help you understand how this could save lives.

Now watch this

I wake up, hungover, too hungover to cook, and since I was drunk I pissed my girl off. Im not getting breakfast, and then I'm feeling like too much shit to go to work, so I don't and I don't get paid for a day and either no one does my job or other people have to cover for my absence. Then later that night, while I'm drinking again I see a commercial to donate money to some starving African, I'm drunk enough to care, but I didn't get paid so my wallet feels tight.

• HungryAlcoholicPTII says:

Now lets bring this device into the scenario
        Same set up, but this time I can hit a button and get a meal, feel better and go to work by midday, no one has to cover for anyone, then that night while I'm drunk again I see the same commercial and actually do make a donation. Then my girl sees the charge on my credit bill and thinks I'm caring and she eventually gets pregnant on accident, thereby creating another mouth to grow up and drink and send more money to Africa.

What exactly do you have against sending aids to Africa, Carl

• HungryAlcoholic says:

Now watch this

• HungryAlcoholicPTII says:

Now lets bring this device into the scenario

What exactly do you have against sending aids to Africa, Carl

• Carl says:

• Pingback: Ponoko Blog
  • decaPODA says:

Hey..
    wouldnt it be awesome if i also make a good looking / weird tower and start printing CHICKS also.. 😀

okie a lill’carried away.. but come on..give it a thought dude :)

• jon says:

WTF!!! are you kidding me??