The Perfect Cereal Bowl. Maybe.

No one likes mushy cornflakes for breakfast. With this bowl, simply allow your milk to soak your cereal for the requisite time and then pull the plug and drain. There you go… perfectly moistened yet crispy cereal. Of course I’m one who likes to get a spoonful of milk along with my cereal but everybody has their own way. What’s yours?

Designer: Sherwood Forlee

• zippyflounder says:

ok lets think this this trough, first how do you pull the plug, with your fingers or a fork? Now what do you do with the milk that you have drained, put it back in the jug, drink it, or toss it. All in all a pretty stupid idea.

• Uli says:

Maybe not the perfect cereal-bowl, but the perfect-cereal bowl. Sign me up. Where can I get one???

• deanween8 says:

almost there. i agree on the pulling the plug idea, what do you use to take the drain stopper out? I mean no one wants to put their hand into the milk and then have to wash it off. if that was solved, id buy this in a second, because who would use a fork to drain this when youre going to eat cereal with a spoon…..

• Fagballs says:

agreed with zippyflounder, would make much more sense to allow you to turn the bottom half into some sort of mug to be able to sip the milk afterwards. I love the milk in the bottom being sweetened by the cereal and sugar and would fantastic to drink it with some class!

• billy says:

Sherwood Forlee you bloody bloody bloody fool! What a fool!

• Christine says:

What percentage of the society actually cares about cereal ‘perfection’? It’s a rhetorical question but if I had to guess it’d be anything less than one. I don’t believe this is a product worth spending the money, time, and the materials to manufacture but I do applaud the out-of-the-box thought.

• Bassem B. says:

What are you talking about? I love my cereals all mushy. Mush mush. Yum.

• west side says:

plug cannot me manufactured, choking hazard, and …..
    would not piss on this if i saw it on fire at the moma.

• the pope says:

Okey thats a veeeeeeery stupid idea, I really hope this is some kind of a joke… Go on and design something useful, something smart… something else.

• Jack says:

Maybe instead it should be a bowl with a screen/perforated plate that you could raise and lower. that way you can have some milk but not completely soak the cereal.

• TH says:

How difficult can it be to learn to pour the “right” amount of milk on your cereal? For pete’s sake, you do it every morning, more or less, if you don’t learn that, then I wonder how come you are still alive.

If you don’t like mush, you pour less milk, pour it slower to get more even distribution, and use a taller bowl so that the maximum amount of cereal stay on top of the milk in the bottom.. If you like mushy, do the opposite. And if you are so picky with your cereal in the first place, eat porridge or just get a life. :)

• ko says:

ha ha ha

You guys don’t get it. It’s rather joke or fun product – no need to offend !! I love this kind of happy idea rather gimmicky serious design stuff.

• Christine Chung says:

Don’t you know that the cereal is just part of accessory for your mom to make you consume milk for balanced nutrition? this bowl beats the whole purpose of cereal and milk.

• ZenKai says:

Actually, it’s pretty simple. Make a rubber cone permanently attached to the center of the bottom bowl and situated so it plugs the hole from the BOTTOM. When ready, lift the top bowl, let it drain into the bottom, then just set it back down. Duh. I still think it’s stupid though.

• powers says:

Again, I have seen a similar idea lately. The other was rectangular in format, and the bottom tray stuck out (the full rectangle) which the milk was pured into. A square bowl sat on top of it in which the cereal was poured. The cereal eater would then portion the cereal into the bottom of the bowl as he or she wished. Made more sense I thought.

• Jason says:

All this does is create more dishes for cleanup, and we all know how fun that is. Its supposed to make breakfast better, but it only costs more time and hassle… which equals bad design.

• Ghost Rider says:

hmmmmmm.

what will they think of next? Maybe a spoon that has a straw built in it so you can drink the delicious chocolate milk in your bowl of cocoa puffs