Abu Dhabi Performing Arts Centre by Zaha Hadid

Zaha Hadid Architects announce the design of the Abu Dhabi Performing Arts Centre a new cultural institution for the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation on behalf of the Tourism Development and Investment Company of Abu Dhabi (TDIC). Zaha Hadid unveiled the design of the new Performing Arts Centre at a press conference in Abu Dhabi, UAE today.

Hadid’s Performing Arts Centre concept, a 62 metre high building is proposing to house five theatres a music hall, concert hall, opera house, drama theatre and a flexible theatre with a combined seating capacity for 6,300. The Centre may also house an Academy of Performing Arts.

The Abu Dhabi Performing Arts Centre will be one of five major cultural institutions on the new 270-hectacre cultural district of Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi – developed by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation on behalf of the Tourism Development and Investment Company of Abu Dhabi (TDIC).

Zaha Hadid describes the design of the Performing Arts Centre as a sculptural form that emerges from a linear intersection of pedestrian paths within the cultural district, gradually developing into a growing organism that sprouts a network of successive branches.

Architect: Zaha Hadid Via: Dezeen

• wuucat says:

Perfect Good

• Tasha says:

Absolutely beautiful

• A true work of art.

• Reminds me of some Calatrava’s work, only a bit more smooth.

• whatever says:

sorry, for your info calatrava design and z.hadid design are a total different.

• ok says:

I agree with Clinton Bowen this work IS getting to be like Calatrava. I do like her stuff but for my tastes this is getting a little bland. Reminds me of the Glass Cube by 3deluxe too – “organic” white rubbery curves.. yawn.

• nanda says:

what material are they used for the architectural?what the god like

• Azim says:

Plese make me answered about the materials she uses, if you can get the answers and technical details. if i will get it first then i will let you know. ok

Azim-India
      khatriazim@yahoo.co.in

• Isabelle says:

it’s beautiful!

• ultima says:

Zaha’s opus may celebrate coronation with this magnificent hybrid of two paradoxical worlds – evolutionary cell mitosis accompanied with simple and diferential mathematics. These two became the seal of her design, a symbiosis visible on a glance.

Within its curvature, Performing Arts Centre partially contravenes its mein veiling straight line crafted steel access to upper floors and separate pavilions.

Volatile shape isn’t stationary as it may seem for at the change in weather conditions the of illumination of inner lights adorned with structure’s innate cellular lines obscures its visage, simulating vague movement akin to mirage.

Aforementioned are a couple of appeal finesses implemented into the design to shell visual imagery with satiety of abundant attributes.

• guillaume says:

absolutely fabulous. i love the work of zaha Hadid but for me this one is the most successful!

• vini says:

what material she use in her building\g including this arts centre … it could be great if someone could reply for this as i m preparing for ma thesis.. thanx

• harry says:

Jaw droppingly good
    How much?

• Alex says:

She is a monster!!!

• shahrukh says:

i love ur hotel beaucse ur hotel s soo beautiful . iam shahrukh from afghansitan ia m live in pakistan i want work ur hotel please job in ur hotel o have a nice day

• fahad hazraty says:

i am architect .i want to the works mrs zaha haid thanks

• joy says:

it’s a rude architecture, i succeed to make other 1000, in this style. infact she have make only few buildings….. hahaha. it’s only rude. few mind.

• SNABIL says:

I DUN LIKE HER WORK AT ALL

• GOODPOINT says:

people who doesn’t know about architecture or have at least a bit of knowledge or general culture, i will appreciate if you stay away from this kind of sites, because you are waisting our (Architects/intellectuals) time when we are looking form some interesting comments that we can learn from, thanks

• I love your works Hadid. Youre my inspiration in my thesis..!!

• joy says:

you don’t understand nothing about architecture, the real architects are that who make buildings in a style “outside the story”, and care details in thair projects. Hadid isn’t this. today there aren’t this type of architect.

• I’m sorry but I think I understand architecture perfectly well since I am an architecture student. And if you cant appreciate Hadid then you haven’t grasp what architecture really is..This is the architecture of the future.. It is dynamic but not moving, it has a story and it portrays a performance.

• a;sdlkfj says:

i tink what joy’s tryin to say is probably that Zaha Hadid and the likes of her (gehry, eisenmann, prix etc etc) of this deconstructivism era lack a feel of humanist principles. the impression that i get from all their creations is something so completely SELFISH and ignorant. what a lot of us call propagranda architecture. however i can’t explain why i love gehry and hate hadid.. someone help?

• Azim says:

what material she uses to erect the fantasy?

• aamir says:

i love zaha hadid work

• dye says:

awsome.. amazing. how could she think about it?!!

• enix says:

most people don’t understand architecture at all,like when they see buildings that are not “boxy”,it always communicate to them as not humanistic,..i already explored and designed buildings like these in my projects and it doesn’t always mean that buildings that looked “odd” are not functional,..

• R Chi TX says:

My husband is an architect that has worked with several of the greats including Pelli, Pei, Foster, Johnson, and Yamasaki. He thinks architecture is spacial and not intellectual. Therefore, real architectural critique must be based on built works and NOT on academic brovado. Judge Zaha on her built works and not on her computer generated flights of fancy alone. Her greatness so far is in the concept and not in the context. If realized as conceived, the Performing Arts Center in Abu Dhabi will be as much an icon as Wright’s Falling Water or Saaranens TWA Terminal at JFK International.

• Maryam says:

this is a true work of design i love the proposal…

• rana khoder says:

The building is very nice and unique in shape. I like how Zaha Haded use indirect light by using a large thick frame around each window. also I like how the building moving from ground to up without seeing the level of floors, I mean from outside we think that the building is one floor, but in fact it consist of many floors connecting to each other.

• rana khoder says:

• leo rodriguez says:

no doubt zaha hadid is one of the greatest deconstructivist architects ever!

• leo rodriguez says:

no doubt zaha hadid is one of the greatest deconstructivist architects ever!

• Tuur says:

I like her work, very much. Zaha Hadid is not only an architect, she has also become a symbol for the future of the women of her country. The only thing I regret, is the payment of her work. It's soooooo expensive, so much money…

• Tuur says:

• Stephanie says:

I would like to know what program are they using in Hadid's company to design those buildings? 3dmax or rhyno? Im an architecture student and im really interested how they design. someone cannot start designing such a building from its plan right? u have to do the 3d model first and after u make the plans? i cant really get it.. :S sorry for the silly question im just kind of new in the field.. :)

• Stephanie says:

• Per says:

I seem to find many misguided (young?) people here. An architect who is unable to awe a non-architect is a very poor one. Even worse he that cannot accept a “don’t like it” comment. Great architecture is easily identified and recognisable! And that is what we see here! Thank you, Hadid, you imprived my day and life!

• Per says:

• Taylro says:

Beatiful, what’s the ETA?

• SAHAR says:

HELLO

• Does your site have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d
    like to send you an email. I’ve got some recommendations for your
    blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I
    look forward to seeing it develop over time.