Swirl, Dip, Splash!

Bathroom faucets have evolved from the lowly status of being tools to wash our hands to status symbols. Taking the design evolution a step in the direction of engineering, the Swirl Faucet focuses its attention on the flow of the water. It features beautiful flow with intricate swirls, giving you the kind of hand wash that makes you feel like the rich and famous, even if you’re not!

Designer: Simin Qiu

• Skinner says:

You are partially right. I say partially because you are implying that this won’t work. Did you never wave a water hose back and forth as a kid? The water will make the shape because each drop will fall straight down from where it exits the faucet. Since the exit is constantly moving, the new water will exit slightly beside the bit that just fell out. By your reasoning, the water shows from all those fancy fountains they have all over the world shouldn’t work at all.

• Garyf says:

Yes. Each drop goes straight down. But the next drop is in the next position of the pattern. The moving spiral is actually just an illusion.

• dave says:

I was mystified by this at first too, until I looked closer at the designs. i believe the faucet head is supposed to spin under water pressure, leaving a winding trail of water as it falls according to newton’s laws.

• Wow, it’s beautiful and innovative.
    We are interested in the commercial production.

• Latouffe says:

So.
    It has been 6 month since i made my coming out as an “idiot”, a “dumbass”, etc.
    (OK, I started this with my bad language.)

Does anyone of you still believe this is a real project, with a realistic chance of working ?

Or do you, at the end, agree that it is only a CGI project with no link to the reality, let it be a prototype, a simulation, some equations ? A typical con-artist/designer dream ?

• Masroor Alam says:

How can I explain it

• Masroor Alam says:

How can I get it

• Shaowei Lu says:

I would like to get one.
    How do I buy it.

• Sarawudh Klinpun says:

Dear designer
    Please tell me
    1 Can I buy the prototype airator for testing and use in my product?
    2 What is the minimum lot quantity to buy ? What is the price per unit ? (only airator or set of turbine group.)
    3 If I want to buy license to make airator for my own use, What is the license fee?
    Best Regards,