I was never good at history lessons, however Steve Jobs has made it hard to forget the impact of the first desktop computer “Lisa”, showcased by Apple. Three decades later, we have seen the evolution of design translate to the current version of iMac, and it has none of the visible cues found on the original. CURVED/labs has made an attempt to bridge this gap with their concept “Lisa” inspired iMac Concept.
- The technological basis for the CURVED/labs-Mac are components of a current Macbook Air with an 11-inch screen.
- It features a touchscreen: You can choose whether to control it via mouse and keyboard or directly type directly on the 11.6 inch touchscreen.
- An SSD flash memory with 128 gigabytes of storage is build in, either 4 or 8 gigabytes of memory are available.
- The CPU is the latest i7 chip from Intel.
- The casing is made of the same high quality as used for the aluminum Macbooks, iPhones and iPads.
- The back of the Mac features an illuminated Apple logo.
- At the spot located under the screen, where the drive for 3.5-inch disk sat, you will now find a slot for SD cards, the FaceTime camera, speakers and a microphone.
- The Mac supports all popular WiFi standards and Bluetooth, the new USB 3.0 port and a Lightning port.
- A built-in battery allows you to set up the Mac at different work locations on the fly.
- Like the current iPhones and iPads the Mac would be available in silver, gray and gold – including color-matched keyboards and mice.