You Can’t Touch This!

Aptly put by the designers, the Lizard Umbrella sheds its handle as a defensive mechanism against thieves. What this means is that you get to take the umbrella handle with you, when it needs to be deposited in a public place, like a restaurant’s umbrella stand. Without its handle, the umbrella appears to be broken and less desirable!

The tip of the umbrella stem is embossed with lines that slot only into the matching handle – much like how a key only fits into its corresponding lock. This prevents Lizard Umbrella users from mistaking someone else’s umbrella or their own.

Designers: Kim Seokhui, Kim Seongjin & Kim Dasol

• Hunter says:

I’m not going to spend money on a theft-prevention mechanism for a device which I could otherwise buy fro less than $10.

• Hunter says:

*for

• Debra says:

Outstanding and clever idea. Would love to see this make it to market. If and when it does, please let us know!

• steven says:

good theory on a stupid product design
    who would steal an umbrellas anyway? if it’s raining outside and someone wants an umbrella, they are going to take it regardless if the handle is there.

• Mariano says:

where in the world is umbrella stealling a problem???

• Espen says:

Why does people posting products on yanko design spend energy on making solutions to problems that doesnt exist rather than you know…make solutions to actual problems??

• Dinorah says:

These are the staff I was missing for completely satisfaction. I just think how to put it all in my purse, but this lizard umbrella is a good helper and it won’t make me irritated anymore. I loved the site and your suggestions. Want to buy some of it. How can I process?

• paul sandip says:

quite an interesting approach!

• Jaime says:

cool design that can be used not just for the umbrella but I think this concept can be implemented in other products, like my TV remote if I could only design a key so nobody else can use the remote but me that would be sweet.