Any Kinda Tape

The Hole Measuring Tape is pretty innovative with many facets to it. It allows you to draw straight lines and circles with precision. Although not clarifies, I am assuming the tape is retractable and offers measures in more than one measuring system. Simple and functional, I’m sure you designers will love it!

The Hole Measuring Tape is a 2012 iF Design Talents Award entry.

Designer: Sunghoon Jung

• sesima says:

Wow idea is very good! I think..

• Dan says:

It doesn’t look functional. I don’t understand how it would draw a strait line. If you use the pencil in the elongated hole portion, there is nothing keeping the thin top section from deflecting out under the strain of the pencil. especially if you need to make the line long.

• lisa says:

very good!~~~

• Latouffe says:

It is really not functionnal at all.
    The hole to draw circles are actually a good idea (not new), but the elongated hole to draw lines is just pointless.
    You will still have to push your pen to the ruler, because, like Dan said, there is no way the much too thin strip on the right will hold your line straight …

• Ricardo says:

This design doesn’t work at all! Only in 3D models!

• stanko says:

research hard its 3 years ago concept

• Gentleman W says:

I want it for my clients, for my colleagues/designers.

Advise quikly when i ll be available

• bob says:

how is it centered when u want to draw a circle

• tan says:

practical & functional piece to own one. hope it comes to the market soon.

• funnybanana says:

Well!! I also wonder how to keep it in place when drawing a circle. but for everything else I wished many times my tape had holes!!!

Please let me know as soon as available.

• Francesca says:

What would it take to make this a real product that I-a regular civillian with money-could buy?

• Raik says:

Indeed, also I LOL’d hard when I saw the 30m length!!! witch btw impossible for that size, 5-8m for that size also who would make a +5m radio circle with pencil… a pencil

• Pan says:

yeah,I’m wondering the same thing

• moo says:

Because using then edge of a tape measure was just “too hard.”

• felicia says:

How to buy it!!????

• bfk says:

Ya know… This is a pretty good idea (the hole part) and you could make one yourself with a normal tape, a small Whitney hole punch and a steady hand.

• And you know what they say: “once on the internet, stays on the internet”.

Again, the best way to increase page rank is to stay consistant.
    There are many different features like your own profile, blogging
    updates, Street Talk, the ability to comment and like Street Articles Facebook page, Street Articles Google +
    page, Street Articles Twitter Page, and the ability to interact with the owners (not to a great extent, they are quite busy).

• Trade transmission oil just about every 500 hours or according to manufacturer.
    Trout fishing is often done in scenic country with few other anglers providing a relaxing
    environment. More important than the `Test’ strength of
    the line is the proper use of knots, discarding line when it gets frayed or damaged, and not trying to
    `hoist’ a fish into the air with your rod and reel.

• I do not even understand how I stopped up here,
    however I believed this put up was good. I don’t recognize who you might
    be however certainly you’re going to a famous blogger should you are not already.

Cheers!

• I would like to know if the hole measuring tape is for sale and how to obtain one if it is. Thank you