Making ‘Make Do and Mend’ Fashionable

I have my moments of fighting the needle and thread, trying to mend some ripped clothes, but they always seem to get the better of me. Simply put, I HATE mending clothes and much rather replace them with new than pick an odd stitch. I know its wasteful, but unless someone makes it easy for me…simple as the Alto Sewing Machine, I ain’t fixing another ripped stitch!

As the designer explains, “to simplify threading, a metal guide runs from reel to needle for the user to follow. Speed is controlled by pressing with the fingers through the fabric and the patented force sensor technology in a rubber foot underneath the machine allows the beginner to control speed from whichever hand position they find most comfortable. A flexible drive shaft replaces the traditional pulley system to form Alto’s distinctive arch, increasing room for the fabric and improving visibility of the sewing area.”

Designer: Sarah Dickins

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu2dn8mG0gE 600 451]

• Mary Lee says:

I love this machine, I have been waiting years for someone to modernise the working of a sewing machine. Lots of people seem to want one. Crowd source the funds and patent and produce. Do it in U.K. where the big boys find it hard to steal your stuff and ideas.

• Webnode.Com says:

When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and from now on each time a comment is added I receive 4 emails
    with the same comment. Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me
    from that service? Many thanks!

• We are very happy to be right here because this is the very good internet site to provide a lot of details about your matters coated thorough.
    I’m thankful to find out that men and women are covering this matter ordinary
    clever means, demonstrating all of us distinct factors into it.

Remember to thanks. My partner and i cannot wait around to learn to read whats
    next.

• I am happy for being here simply because it is a great site that gives lots of specifics
    of the subjects included thorough. Im delighted to
    discover that folks are writing about this issue in their normal intelligent method, featuring all
    of us diverse facets into it. You need to thanks.
    My partner and i cant delay to see whats future.

• It’s not my first time to pay a visit this website, i am browsing this
    web page dailly and get pleasant data from here daily.

• Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how
    to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never
    seem to get there! Cheers

• Kathleen says:

Wonderful to show us this beautiful sewing machine but important to share the complete imformation. If this is a one of a kind sewing machine please say so. If this machine is available for purchase please share this information. Thank you.

• videoxx says:

After spending her life focused on her career as a cabaret
    singer, Shaw realizes that she just didn’t
    have time to be courted by a man and get married.
    Be careful when engaging in oral sex Oral sex is safe during pregnancy,
    however, there are certain things that should never be done during oral sex, whether you’re pregnant or not.
    Toys ‘R’ Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.

• Ila says:

I read this paragraph fully on the topic of the difference of moset recent and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article.

• Kelley says:

It is a prototype that is eventually going to be manufactures. It is for beginning sewers.

• Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was a
    amusement account it. Glance advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how could we keep up a correspondence?

• Sayka says:

Wonderful design.m from India ,where can I buy this alto machine…

• SooUu says:

The last time I saw this machine it was a concept product. Is it available now?

• TJ Seely says:

is this sewing machine (Alto) available for purchase yet? If so, where? I cannot find anything on line! thank you!!