One of the good things about participating in competitions is that you get to challenge yourself and push yourself to the limits. Like Yves Behar told me when I spoke with him, “winning awards and competitions is like an icing on the cake called hard work.” He should know better, he and fuseproject have won so many of them! For now, we have one big opportunity coming up with the 2012 Taiwan International Student Design Competition. Submissions are welcome in Product Design, Visual Design and Digital Animation categories. Check out the details inside.
The Taiwan International Student Design Competition has been around for a while, we showcase below some of the past winning entries in delightful gallery, giving you an idea of what to expect.
- Theme: Transform; to know more jump to this link.
- Categories: Product Design, Visual Design and Digital Animation
- Deadline: August 15, 2012 (Wednesday) 24:00 (Taipei GMT+08:00)
- Rules & Regulations: Details are here
- Registration: Free!
- Grand Prix 1 winner: NT$400,000 (approx. US$12,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Gold 1 winner (each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver 1 winner (each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze 1 winner (each category): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention winners: NT$10,000 (approx. US$300) and a certificate
- Sponsorship winners: Prize adjusted according to the sponsors, and a certificate
- The nominated works of the product design category will be supplemented NT$ 20,000 (approx. US$600) production fee by the implementation unit