I Got The Power

All ye weary travelers with a strolley in tow; I understand your pain for finding available sockets, just to juice up ye gadgets. Ah, I suck at poetry but you get my drift right? So here we have a trolley suitcase that harnesses kinetic energy via its wheels and then with an easy dock, juices up your gadgets. Even if it’s just for few precious minutes, I think it’s a neat-o idea!

Designer: Jung Inyoung

• Quintin says:

You’d have to walk around with this thing for quite a while to charge something.

You can’t harness kinetic energy for ‘free’, you know… The more power you want to use from the little generator at the wheels, the more (kinetic) resistance it will give you. You’ll feel like you’re pulling your suitcase up a hill…

• enrico says:

Agree with you, I workend on a simialr project few years ago, and the kinetic resistance is one of the issue we had….
    Apart from that, nice design!

• ronald says:

More component and functionality means more bulk, more weight, more price, more possible breakdown.
    Before just designing “stuff” you should do some research on the user task and what they really need. Do you really need to keep on recharging your battery while on the go? Normally your full charged battery of your device is just enough for a day or two, and a simple charging cable is enough. Only place you’ll need to continuously charge is while you’re hiking or in the wilds. Which is totally not the case you want to roll that huge stuff around.

• this is great for smartphones often runing of the battery when needed.

• Jimmy C says:

I like it! But it’s kinda small. Can you make one duffle bag sized?

• Mattress says:

nice!! cool design and color to

• Josh says:

no one will buy this, sorry :(, because you can’t use it as a carry on. Too hard.

• Joshua says:

I think this design’s usedfull is very large, I have some idea for this design, the Re-charged battery will be used in the moble phone charged and some electroic’s charge IO prot.

• Eskie says:

To those who say it will never sell you underestimate the market that is out there for cool bags. People buy Oakley bags that look cool without them having any special featers or high tech capabilities.

The kinetic resistance is an issue but there is a ton of ways to make that bag functional aside from it being ultra cool looking.

Power source – get what you get from kinetic energy but really on other sources to charge the battery. Solar flexi panel can get energy while the case is not moving, give the choice to charge the battery from regular source. As someone who travels often with my iPad and iPhone I would love it if I have a battery booster like that wiout taking the space a battery pack will.

Another plus will be an override button in the pull handle that gives the user opinion to choose between manual pulling or automated rolling of the case to help those who have problems pulling their luggage.

• aMoesLOLO says:

You have thought about high-tech capabilities, nice.
    By contrast, think of different ways of charging. Plus how much does it weigh? How you locked it up?

• Erik R says:

Dear designer, I am a consumer/traveller. I would like to buy such a case just for myself,
    I would be willing to pay up to 80 dollars, if this rolling power suitcase meets the airline handcarry standards. Where can I buy it?
    Erik

• Bast says:

beautyfull! it looks like a vacuum!!! XD

• luis ferrer says:

I like the design of jyn inyoungs trolley suitcase and I’d like to know if it can be purchased if so where can I purchase it. Please respond back. Thank you.

• jbelkin says:

Good luck explaining to the TSA why your suitcase has wires and a giant battery.

• Dato'Azman says:

Interested to buy

• Dato'Azman says:

Interested to buy n hope give more infomation about the product.

• Wow amazing, I never think of this kind of great traveling bad.

• Hunter says:

Perhaps if it were designed with a solar panel option…

• Durgashanker sarada says:

I desire to buy the above suitcase .can I know the cost and the place of avilblity in India.

• Dan says:

Does anyone know if this ever went to market or has ever sold?

• Howdy! This article ould not be written much better!
    Readin through this article reminds me of my previous
    roommate! He continually kept preaching about this.
    I’ll forward this information to him. Fairly certain he
    will have a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!

• jb says:

Did this product ever go to market. I love the design. My husband would love this design. Please let me know if I can get one and the cost. Even if its just the case without the components. Thanks

• çelik raf says:

Harika çalışma harika tasarımlar var