Pedal Your Way to Fitness and Light!

The idea behind Healthy Electricity, a stationary bike, is nothing new. It converts kinetic energy into electric energy, to juice up your gadgets and maybe work small lamps etc. What’s cool is the implementation of the idea and the final outcome of the bike. The sleek form makes it easy to fit into any household and tempt you enough to at least get fit and electric!

Healthy Electricity is a 2011 Liteon Award entry.

Designers: Cao Yuan, Wu Hao, Xu Wen, Xiong Luyao, Cao Wenqi & Zho Una

• Rachel says:

Very slick and nice looking. The design is awesome and even better that it’s green friendly. It’s amazing what can be with a little creativity and smarts.

• Punky says:

So…. where do I get one of these?

• Jimmy C says:

Hmm… very nice! You could have part of that energy go to speakers for the iPod, of course.

• Sorry, the idea of using an excercise bike for harvesting energy is not new, and I fail to see how this design is an improvement over the already existing, individually adjustable excercise bicycles (seat height, handle bar height and so forth). Furthermore I would not dare to pedal with any vigor on this contraption – it looks as if it could tip over sideways just like that.
    Apart from those design inferiorities, whether it looks good or not is a matter of taste. Hence I won’t say it is ugly.

/=j

/=j

/=j

• Sorry again. My bad. Didn’t mean to post thrice… Also I apologise for not seing the adjustable seat at first glance.
    Still an inexplicable design to me.

/=j

• awardquinner says:

this looks like the most UNcomfortable bike ever. its a lazy solution to an age-old idea.

• Quintin says:

You wouldn’t want to ride that… The frame is far too wide. Painful for the hips, knees and ankles.

Ironic that the concept is to be efficient, while there is about 4 times as much material in the bike as there has to be.

I’d like something like it, though. Even if riders won’t be able to generate more than 0.3 kWh an hour (you’ll be about ready for the TTF if you can manage that…).

• jesse says:

It pains me to see how little people know about energy and being good for the environment. Sure this could power a light bulb. In the grand scheme of things that will never even offset the power it took to build this ugly thing. It wont even offset the energy it took to deliver it to your house. If you want something good for the environment buy a used workout bike off craigslist.

• Bet says:

For reals – I wanna know too!