Chopstick Gardens

The “To Be Nature Wood Chopstick” has a convoluted name but presents an interesting contribution to the “grow from waste” ethos that’s so popular these days. It starts life in your hands just like an ordinary set of chopsticks except it’s tipped with a starch cap hiding a seed. When you’re done with it, stick the starch end down into the ground and watch as new life climbs up your sweet and sour chicken coated chopstick.

Designer: Gyeongwan Koo (Oliver)

• adam says:

wow i totally love this and would be really cool for all takeaways!!

wouldn’t it make more sense to put the seed pod on the top of the chopstick though, instead of potentially biting into it?

• good… its cleverly..

• James says:

Awesome idea… Really out of the box…

• Jason Wang says:

This is a really brilliant idea.

• june says:

very very good cencept
    nice idea

• Andrew says:

Great idea! I just hope it’s not too easy to break that seed container. I don’t want to swallow it. I know it’s not toxic, but I still don’t want it to fall off while I’m trying to eat.

• Blah says:

Why not just stop using chopsticks all together? Isn’t that killing the earth by cutting down trees?

• yobaba says:

I suppose everyone could start using their fingers and hands to cook and eat their food with. Or use bamboo chopsticks that can be reused or composted since bamboo is infinitely renewable. Or continue polluting and wasting non-renewable resources to manufacture metal utensils and/or plastic. Even compost-able plastic, e.g., corn, is not environmentally friendly. Personally, I will continue to use bamboo; and if I want to plant stuff I will get some seeds and do so.

• Roxanne says:

Where could I buy this?

• Nice tutorial. I will try this in my garden.

• Edward Soudan says:

Would like to sell in the UK to Garden Centre Markets.
    Where can I buy?

Regards,

Edward Soudan,
    Taunton,
    Somerset,
    UK

• Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you are a
    great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will
    come back someday. I want to encourage continue your great job, have a nice evening!