Audi Electric Bike

Designer Arash Karimi’s Audi bike is a near perfect fit for the future urban consumer. As the usability of cars within inner cities diminishes and green attitudes become the standard, this electric concept provides a serious glimpse into the future of green transportation with global brand cachet. The bike’s robust frame and minimal styling have all the sophistication you’d expect from a premium automaker. Just be careful not to slide too far forward- ouch!!

The fixed-gear bike’s battery pack is embedded in the body while the electric engine is housed in the rear wheel frame.

Designer: Arash Karimi

• jaroslaw ciupinski says:

So many problems with this one. Let’s start with lack of height setting. And maybe follow it with problems with traversing curbs.

Who wants to add next problems (I left them to you guys).

• maximilian says:

good looking does not mean it has to be uncomfortable and useless you know…

• Mario says:

Gr8 concept but mostly for a track rider, but being electric it defies the concept. It should be more like a cruiser if it will be electric, & knowing Audi…It will cost more than $5000, who’s gonna pay that 4 an electric bike? Not me or anybody who is economically coherent

• Harry says:

never seen something ugly like that!

• Severian says:

Haha how about a battery in the top tube? Always great to put heavy components up high lol.

Also, check your spelling and terminology. Nothing says high-quality-portfolio-piece like a ‘litium’ battery, or ‘electric engine.’

• Marcel says:

One major weakness in this design are the paddles. Understand that a single contact point on the axis base will not sufficiently support the downward pressure exerted on the paddles.
    And I find it a missed opportunity to have a bicycle, with a rechargeable battery, which isn’t able to recharge its own battery by means of paddling on it.
    O, and another thing, I understand that we ‘like’ the look of bicycles without fenders, and though that might work for bikes designed to have a good workout on, I will have you know that you’ll look mighty stupid with a brown muddy stripe running across your backside when you step into the office on a rainy day.

• Patrick says:

I’m so tired of seeing yet another futuristic yet POORLY thought out design! This is not what industrial design is about, and I fear this is too often where the young designers invest their time. Consider your user; 5′ tall to 6’5″ 100lbs to 250+ and make one e bike work for all of them. This would be a valuable innovation.

• WZhang says:

So, the top tube is the same height as the seat.. I’m supposed to rack my balls on the top tube each time I come to a stop? I think this would be work if the goal is to sterilize the male population, maybe we could get some in the midwest.

• joan says:

Wow this is very impressive. I would like more information about this electric bicycle- is it available in the US? i would like to know the price range and if i could sell it on my website. This bicycle could really advance the whole electric bicycle industry.

• lol, give it a try it may be great, am waiting to see any feedback from other consumers before i get to it!

• Finn Sloth says:

An eye-catcher, but also an ass-killer, bad saddle, bad pedals, and – my wife
    would NEVER climb it. Afar from that – –

• Taffer says:

Well, the spoking on the wheels is a poor design for power transfer.

• FLX says:

Haha, exactly my thoughts. Makes you wonder if the “designer” of this even ever sat on a bike to begin with.

• Finn Sloth says:

Here in DK we call such things for “styling” – not DESIGN.
    Take the top tube down and apply a BROOKS-saddle plus existing pedals
    and it could be used – also by others.

• Mick Allan says:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stop it! My sides hurt!

What a load of tripe. Really. An exercise in rendering – not design.

Mick
    Cyclorama

• CARL STAWICKI says:

? WHERE ARE THE FENDERS TO KEEP WET ROADCRAP OFF OF THE OWNER-OPERATOR AND EQUIPMENT ?

• Peter Drake says:

Has Arash ever seen or ridden a bicycle before? The saddle that far back is going to make popping wheelies a constant concern. I’m wondering how one can put a foot down at a stop with the top tube at the saddle height.

• Arash says:

Peter you would be surprized to find out that the dimensions of the bike are like most of the existing bikes today. The frame and wheel size of the bike are mutch more compact without having to loose the cycling functions. the frame and wheel hight is between a fully sized bike and a smaller street bike.

Thank you for the comment.

/ Arash

• arsh says:

i think that you are a very good designer , and u had done a nice job. I also like to design cars and bikes but i am just 13 years old

• zemin says:

WHOA!this is so awesome. try upgrading its design and I”ll be the one to endorse your product and buy it.

• Ray says:

When designing something you have to think of why and the purpose in terms of environment, comfort, style and the ease of carrying with you on public transport. I see none of these I mentioned does apply to the the Audi Electric Bike, what is the point of calling it green if it has an electric motor is this environmentally friendly,so I give it the thumbs down. The bike does not look nice in terms of style or comfort, again I would give it the thumbs down, can I carry it or even fold it and take it with me on a public the answer is no.
    I wouldn’t buy this bike and even if its given to me free of charge I would not use it, we should encourage people to use their power to power the bike its good for their health and good for the environment.

• It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I’m
    glad that you simply shared this useful information with
    us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

• Hello colleagues, its fantastic paragraph about teachingand completely explained,
    keep it up all the time.

• Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you may be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back very soon.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!