Fire Extinguisher for Dummies

I’ve never had to use a fire extinguisher (knock on wood), & to be honest, I’m not sure I’d know exactly how to work the thing. Whether they’ll admit it or not, the truth is most people are like me & would need a sec to look over the instructions. Understanding that a split second can mean life or death, designer Markus Arnold developed  Xtinct, an easy to use extinguisher that signals the device’s operations awith LED lights &  features an extended hose for improved accuracy, both maximizing functionality & providing a more aesthetically appealing solution for home use.

Designer: Markus Arnold

• TOPRICE.IE says:

It looks much better than regular one :d

• TOPRICE.IE says:

It looks much better than regular one :d

• Solomon Victor Tseng says:

ver sexy but too complicated for dummies like me. I thought it was a lightsaber

• Solomon Victor Tseng says:

ver sexy but too complicated for dummies like me. I thought it was a lightsaber

• rdee says:

It looks nice.Looks high tech.

But fire extinguishers should also be tough enough to be used to break windows, screen doors, etc. incase you got trapped. It is cylindrical to hold pressurized fire retardant agents (approx 150 pounds per square inch)around 5 times a car tire pressure. And it should be bright colored (red/orange) so it can be seen easily.

• Grey says:

I concur! i Nice Gloss Red, Aluminum unibody for reinforcement or any other Genius metal/material u can think of. The Design is Sweeet

• rdee says:

It looks nice.Looks high tech.

• Grey says:

• 222 says:

if you are a dummy, you won't even know that is a fire extinguisher. 🙁 you might mistaken it as a giant flash drive.. 😀

• 222 says:

• erikfp says:

Reminds me of a similar design you reported on earlier:

• erikfp says:

Reminds me of a similar design you reported on earlier:

• seamusdubh says:

I always find it funny when designers comment on the difficulty of using current day items. This learning curb might be exasperated to to the unwillingness of people to learn and or expose them selves to things outside of their little world. Honestly, what's so hard about pull pin, point and squeeze.
    But I digress.
    I like the smooth ergonomic futuristic design. Paint it red so it's more recognizable as a fire extinguisher. Also add safety pin and you'd be good to go.

• Vinu says:

The cylindrical form of existing extinguishers is required to contain with stability, the high pressure gas inside.
    I appreciate the basic thought of making it simple… but please understand the existing product first before re-designing.

• Vinu says:

• Esthetically it look great…soft and friendly But i think your iconography of the flame is very unclear. ie is this a small flame were are putting out or a fire? Also your 2 arrows pointing inward indicate that you physically need to push together rather than explain it is just a viewing window/dial for the amount of CO2 left. i feel there are more design language problems that just mis communicate the function clearly. Sorry but the product needs to be usable by all kinds of people under all kinds of stress.