Recycled PET Felt Chair, The Pod

The Pod is a large privacy chair for breakout areas in offices or residential projects. Pod is an environmental alternative to large upholstered furniture. Most upholstered is difficult to recycle as it’s a fixed combination of timber, glue, foam and textile. Pod tackles this by replacing the large upholstery with moulded felt created from recycled pet bottles. In addition the entire design is knock down with the shells stacking for minimum carbon footprint in transportation and storage.

The chair’s ergonomics allow the user to work comfortably whilst feeling relaxed and separated from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It’ creates a room-in-room sexperience with the perimeter of the chair around the users head. The shell of the chair is the largest form ever produced utilizing pressed PET felt technology. This felt allows a distinctive aesthetic as well as offers sound dampening properties to increase the sensation of privacy with acoustic performance.

• Recycled pet felt
  • Steam bent ash timber
  • Recycled foam cushions with kvadrat upholstery.
  • h 130cm x w 95cm x d 80cm

Designer: Benjamin Hubert

• James says:

Why is this person with his chair and other pieces on the front cover of onoffice magazine as well as having an extensive article written about him?

• seb says:

why not? Good chair and good designer and good press.

• James says:

If that's so, then why doesn't every good designer with good products get on the front covers of magazines? How do they even get themselves known to publishers? I'm not talking about myself here, but I've seen countless talent far great than this person that are still unknown to anyone and people like this and loads like him winning awards and getting on front covers and interviews; it's pathetic. I used to work on onoffice magazine and I thought it was lame then and it's still lame now. There were designers in my own office that were better and aren't on anyone's radar. The design world is just like the film and music world, the talented are ignored.

• James says:

• seb says:

why not? Good chair and good designer and good press.

• James says:

• In all honesty, the looks aren’t much. But since it’s made from recycled materials, then it’s all good!

• Beautiful form. I wonder if there is any particular reason why the presenter chose not to include a photograph or video of someone sitting in the chair or using it. I would think it would help the marketing to show people what they would be doing with the product and how they would fit into that "shell"

• Beautiful form. I wonder if there is any particular reason why the presenter chose not to include a photograph or video of someone sitting in the chair or using it. I would think it would help the marketing to show people what they would be doing with the product and how they would fit into that “shell”

• I looooove this chair!!! and i want some for my house!!! where can i buy some¿¿¿¿

• I looooove this chair!!! and i want some for my house!!! where can i buy some