Get a Clean Grip

The X-Grip Wiper is a hand sanitizing system for shopping carts that works in sync with their coin-lock system. Most shopping carts are free-to-use, however the problem of unsanitary handrails is common to all. Germs GERMS! Locking system or not, I think it’s a good idea to have a X-Grip integrated on all carts. Many stores have complimentary sanitizing wipes but most people seem to ignore them.

Designer: Kim Kwang-won

• barc5426 says:

does the fact that you have to hold the cleaning unit itself to do the wipe not defeat the purpose. now bateria will all be concentrated on a smaller area…

• barc5426 says:

• Eddd222 says:

overengineered
    A small supermarket has about 300 shopping carts. why would you add an expencive and maintenance sensitive feature to every cart.
    You could also just hang a €20,- antibacterial wet-wipe dispencer near the entrance and be done with it. (which a lot of supermarkets already have).
    But at least the pictures look nice.

• alboy says:

well said Eddd!

the need for this product should have been assessed prior to starting design! So many designers lack practicality and prefer pretty pictures.

But that a side, it is excellently presented!!!

• Eddd222 says:

overengineered
    But at least the pictures look nice.

• alboy says:

well said Eddd!

But that a side, it is excellently presented!!!

• Dave Wu says:

I'd rather wash my hands frequently.

• Dave Wu says:

I'd rather wash my hands frequently.

• Melchior says:

My first worry is how vandalise proof wil it be? secondly I'm getting sick (no pun inteded) of all the product that kill bacteria and make sure everything is sterile and clean, if everything in your daily live is super clean you won't get exposed enough to bacteria and such, your immune system will become too weak and the result is that you will get sick reall easily! Cleaning yourself on a daily base and washing your hands after going to the toilet should be more then enough.

• Melchior says:

• Johnny says:

It'll just get stolen by a bum so he can cart around his empty beer and soda cans.

• Johnny says:

• Sue says:

Come on what's with people and their germophobia (dont know if its an actual word) are we really that afraid of germs that we can touch the handle of a door without wiping it clean. People in many so called less developed countries do not have so much "sanitisation" of all there surface and they seem to be doing just fine.

• Sue says:

Come on what's with people and their germophobia (dont know if its an actual word) are we really that afraid of germs that we can touch the handle of a door without wiping it clean. People in many so called less developed countries do not have so much “sanitisation” of all there surface and they seem to be doing just fine.

• 111 says:

Just was your hands. Sometime we need to be dirty, so our immune system will get stronger.

• 111 says:

• guest says:

I don't understand why they need to be chained together, I can tell you that I don't carry alot of coins and if i had to pay (or could not pay) for a shopping cart I would be super pissed and probably just force it off. (this is why i carry a leatherman)

• guest says:

• dude says:

Good idea.

• dude says:

Good idea.

• jjjjjjjjjjj says:

…….I don't want it.

• jjjjjjjjjjj says:

…….I don't want it.

• hanson says:

Is this a joke?

• hanson says:

Is this a joke?

• Giuseppe says:

I am interested in developing a new business with your product X-Grip Wiper.

info@giuseppecastronovo.com

• Giuseppe says:

I am interested in developing a new business with your product X-Grip Wiper.

info@giuseppecastronovo.com

• Ned burke says:

I am interested in discussing your product which I believe has a lot of potential.

• Gravity says:

Actually Sue, people kind of like to have clean hands when they are handling food. And 3rd World Countries are not doing “fine”. Besides the crime and poverty, sickness is a serious everyday problem…

• Lou Mc says:

Has this product been producted ?
    If yes, by who ?