Chris Burns Has Left the Building

This is my third attempt at writing a farewell for my friend and colleague Chris Burns, and I just can’t get my words right. How is it possible to sum up a relationship with a person I’ve never met, spoken to for an hour on Skype but chatted with on AIM for innumerable hours? Come Monday 14th February 2011, Chris will no longer be writing for Yanko Design. I guess it’s harder for me to let go of him because he had become an integral part of my life. He’s been around to help me through my mistakes and cheered me on when I scored a winning writeup.

He’s been the dependable co-worker for me in ways that no one will ever know. Oh Chris! Why do you have to leave? There is a saying that Change is Inevitable and it’s always for the good. The silver lining is that Chris is leaving for a good cause, the cause of self-growth. So while I’ll miss his eccentric-humor style of writing and super-sexy image editing, I’ll be comforted by the knowledge that he’s moved on for the greater good.

So long my friend CB, I’ll miss our middle-of-the-night AIM chats, talk about pet dogs, rabbits and cats! But most of I’ll miss your charming smile that beams out of your hairy face! Hahaha! Got you on that!

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

• chrisburns says:

Oh my goodness I didn't expect a writeup!

Your generous words are wonderful, Radhika, and I am glad to have known you this way for so long. And on that note, everyone else here at Yanko, thank you forever for the roles you've played in my life.

That said, I'm not leaving this earth never to return again. In fact, I'm not even really moving away from writing. I'll still be around here commenting and whatnot and interacting with the staff as far as tips and such goes – just not blasting your ears as often with my off-English.

Farewell to the translation of concepts to Yanko Design posts – NEVER goodbye to Yanko Design – or Radhika Seth.

• chrisburns says:

Oh my goodness I didn't expect a writeup!

• Confucius says:

Cheers Chris. Good luck with your new ventures!

Ben.

• Confucius says:

Cheers Chris. Good luck with your new ventures!

Ben.

• Debbie Burns says:

I am so proud of my son, at this moment.

• Debbie Burns says:

I am so proud of my son, at this moment.

• chris burns is up and running. Hey we all have to start somewhere,No idea what it came from. It's for a race car we're building and this thing fits perfectly.

• Best of luck, Chris.