Resourceful and Giving Tree

What we generally see at airport lounges or public spaces are very drab looking charging stations for cellphones. A very artistic and pleasing way to provide the same service is the Giving Tree. The green cords (hopefully retractable) can be pulled out to reach the phone, rather than the other way around. I say it’s artistic enough to be placed at home as well, what do you think?

Designers: Kim Joonmin & Jeong-a Choi

• Sam says:

Quite a nice concept but:

– How does all that cord fit into the base?
    – How is the cord retracted back into the base, where is the winding mechanism and how does it work?
    – How does it get power?
    – The indicator at the top seems to be a bit of a waste. I can clearly see that there are 1,2,3 things plugged into it, may be it would be more useful if it indicated that the phone was fully charged?

I think that if you had to show a cross section of this device with it's current design you'd have problems. Maybe a bit less time on 3DStudio and more time giving it some detailed thought.

• Sam says:

Quite a nice concept but:

– How does all that cord fit into the base?
    – How does it get power?

• If this was really in an airport setting, the product could be placed on a table over a hole in said table, and all of the cords could run through the hole into some sort of container that was out of site, but housed the retracting mechanism, etc

• @LordMami says:

This is a very cute design and I could see it being super popular in college dorms or shared apartments too. However, it's versatility seems kind of limited if you're using one type of device plug. I like the tree design, so what if you borrowed the technology behind those charging mats which seem to work for a multitude of devices and shaped them into small leaves instead? Adding three lights – one linked to each devices charging level, maybe around th ring designated to the specific chord of the device? Otherwise, I think it'd be a cute, space saving device ( I, for one, am sick of my 80 charger chords for everything in a mess near the plug I use ) that students would love. Not exactly more efficient than a charging mat, but it's a heck of a lot cuter.

• @LordMami says:

• Thanks you very much! I am very happy to read this blog!

• Thanks you very much! I am very happy to read this blog!

• Monex says:

….review that follows.The Giving Tree was written by Shel Silverstein and published by Harper Collins Publishers in 1964. A classic The Giving Tree will continue to be enjoyed as long as there are books to read and children to read them.

• Monex says:

• larenzom says:

Can You by this

• larenzom says:

Can You by this

• Vian says:

what it's made?

• Rahul Shirbhate says:

Modeling is done in bit hurry and unfurnished… However if we see just concept then its good… Useful in airport/bank waiting rooms. I have doubt about the winding mechanism of three cords in one base work independently!

• Rahul Shirbhate says:

• hasan tosun says:

I want to buy this charging instrument, 20

• hasan tosun says:

I want to buy this charging instrument, 20.
    turkey [email protected] 00905327429615

• thule 916 says:

Any bike rack retailer might carry 20 quality fold down hitch bike racks and most
    have similar features and price points. Taking a look inside, it has FOX Racing boardshort material used
    on the seat inserts. Their most popular pant, the Mountain Khakis Original Mountain Pant,
    provides the wearer with the classic khaki look while
    also being thick, durable, and warm.

• Every weekend i used to visit this web page, for the reason that i wish for enjoyment, for
    the reason that this this web page conations genuinely good funny information too.