One of the most nail-biting moments of my life was seeing the 8 Finalists of 2010 Electrolux Design Lab explaining their projects to some very inquisitive judges. It is one thing to just submit concepts on paper for evaluation and another thing to defend your views, stand your ground and come out triumphant! This is what Electrolux Design Lab is all about, standing up for your convictions! The 2011 competition is looking for you to offer Intelligent Mobility solutions for cooking, storing food and cleaning up whilst using existing technologies.
This year’s brief comes out as a video message by Henrik Otto, Senior Vice President of Global Design at Electrolux. Have a look and get all geared up to enter the 2011 Electrolux Design Lab Competition.
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNIu5WCnuBA 605 455]
Entries Close: Sunday May 1, 2011, 23:59 (Central European Time), on the Electrolux Design Lab website.
What you win
- Eight finalists will each be invited to participate in a final event in the autumn of 2011 held within a European city (to be announced) to present their individual concept to a jury of expert designers.
- The event will be telecast live online!
- First prize of a six-month paid internship at an Electrolux global design centre and 5,000 Euros.
- Second prize of 3,000 Euros.
- Third prize of 2,000 Euros.
Electrolux Design Lab 2011 invites industrial design students to create home appliances that consider intelligent mobility. Your ideas will shape how people prepare and store food, clean and do their dishes, both within and beyond the home. In particular they seek a design concept that will offer personalization and inspires users whilst utilizing existing technology to offer support and guidance. Additionally, and in keeping with the heritage of Electrolux, your concept should reflect Scandinavian Design values – being sensitive to the environment, providing intuitive ease of use and aesthetic appeal.