An Illuminating Idea

The Book Light is made from a solid translucent plastic body with integrated LEDs and doubles as a bookmark. You can recharge it and set the illumination intensity using touch controls. Like any polite night owl, partake in joy of reading without disturbing others.

Designer: Mikhail Stawsky

• OK…I'm new to Yanko Design…love it, btw. But, how do we purchase an item such as the Book Light…I don't see it in the store. Please don't tell me these phenomenal ideas are just ideas and not marketed. Oh, man!

• Shonn says:

Not everything on Yanko is for sail, some are conceptual designs, some conceptual designs made reality and some are sold.

• Shonn says:

Sale*

• erdalito says:

looks great and is one of the items that should be produced i would buy it immediately!

• erdalito says:

• Kevin says:

Only problem… I need it to light my book, not my face! The glare from it would drive me crazy!

And how would one mark their place in the book while charging it? Be cool if it turned off automatically when you shut the book.

• Kevin says:

• ilya fridman says:

Seems like a great idea, I don't think glare would be too bad at all if you turn the intensity down. (well incorporated option!)
    I agree that it would be very cool for it to automatically turn off when book is closed!
    If you are using LED's + a battery to power them I wonder how thick this will be? Possibly around 3-4mm?
    Is that too thick to leave inside a book?
    Great idea though!

• ilya fridman says:

Is that too thick to leave inside a book?
    Great idea though!

• starralex76 says:

Ha, did you see that? Book on the picture written in Russian language ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad to see it

• starralex76 says:

• rorschach says:

just wear a headlight for night reading, you can even angle the lightsource on some models. this requires no gadgets to be attached to the book which ultimately get in the way.

• rorschach says:

• Celine says:

Interesting how it works…..
    i think someday this thing turn off their light, don't it??

• Celine says:

Interesting how it works…..
    i think someday this thing turn off their light, don't it??

• John says:

I want one!

• John says:

I want one!

• ella says:

Very interesting the Book light and very very interesting Yanko Design. Ciao from Milan-Italy

• ella says:

• I think this gadget will be useful though of course it's more useful for example while travel in a train or something. Anyway it's nice.

• 2046 says:

How much dose it cost, seriously need one.

• 2046 says:

How much dose it cost, seriously need one.