A Twisted Outlet Extension

Plug too big? Just flip it. AC adapter don’t fit? Just flip it. No idea what I’m talking about? I’m talking about the Flipi, an outlet extension with three sockets that pivot at a press of a button. Attach glowing stickers too so you know what’s actually plugged into each socket.

Designer: Shlomi Platzman

• Jenny says:

I don’t think this design is of much use…

• Jenny says:

I don’t think this design is of much use…

• James says:

It IS of much use. If you look at the comments from the previous time this idea was already done you'll see all its uses. Oh, yeah that was it. This idea has already been shown on yanko before. Not that long ago actually. I think the previous design has the slight edge on this style of extension lead. Check that out if you can find it.

• Asaf porat says:

very practical , good job.

• Asaf porat says:

very practical , good job.

• Sam says:

I really don't understand. How is flipping the socket going to enable you to fit a bigger plug in it? I'm not trying to be mean, I simply don't understand the concept and what it's trying to do.

• Sam says:

• Johnny says:

Too bad Belkin already already makes one… http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Pr

• Johnny says:

• CritiqueAL says:

What's practical about this? Jeez! $toopid design. If you think this is based on the Belkin product then you are sadly mistaken. The Belkin product is practical in the sense that the sockets rotate to facilitate lots of plugs which more often than not come from different directions/angles. AND it maximizes space by cramming LOTS of sockets for its size. The $toopid Flipi on the other hand is just wasting space. The render may be appealing… but that's just it. FORM over FUNCTION design FAIL.

• CritiqueAL says:

• CritiqueAL says:

• what a simple, but genius invention! Great! my applause!

• what a simple, but genius invention! Great! my applause!