Love Letter to Alex the Water Bottle

Oh Alex, how you’ve become my favorite water bottle these past few months. I didn’t think much of you at first but then I found out former Oakley team manager Chris Hotell and pro snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler founded the company who made you and I become intrigued. You’re so special. You do a lot but there’s two things you do better than anyone else baby.

You’re BPA free – yadda yadda bladdie blah. You’re mostly made of metal anyways so already, you’re different but it’s how you open up to me that shows you really care. Your body unscrews from the middle making my life so much easier. No longer do I have to contort my hand into some weird shape to clean the farthest reaches of your corners and for that, I must thank you. Your streamline body is OH so sleek and makes it a snap for me to stack your cap, top and bottom half like a matryoshka. So compact, easy to store – so thoughtful of you to do that for me.

You adapt to my every need. Sometimes I want more water so I screw on a longer bottom. Sometimes I feel colorful and I mix-&-match. You’re easy on the eyes and go with the flow. I only have one request. Think you can get me a sippy-cup for a cap? Yes, I’m a grown man and I want a sippy-cup. That’s not as weird as me writing you this letter… is it?

P.S. I plan on revealing our love story tomorrow on my blog. I want everyone to know how awesome you are. Cheers!

P.P.S Congratulations on making the final cut in the 2011 Housewares Design Awards. I knew you could do it.

Designer: Nice Reusables (Buy it here)

• Is it just me or does this look more like an adult play toy?

• Is it just me or does this look more like an adult play toy?

• ALEX Bottle says:

That's pretty funny actually. We do a thing called ALEX Bottle use cases. That would definitely be one we haven't heard yet. Nice work Jared!

• ALEX Bottle says:

• Pia says:

I thought is was for picking up snow to later when melted drink. no?

• Pia says:

I thought is was for picking up snow to later when melted drink. no?

• Black Robb says:

“I Black ROBB promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.”

Less waste, makes less waste !

• I Julian Concepcion promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again

• Damian Currie-Mullan says:

I Damian Mullan promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again. (chance would be a fine thing but I'l give it a go if you give me a free Alex bottle : )

• Connor macmillan says:

I Connor Macmillan promise from here on out never to buy or use plastic bottles again

Even if my life depends on it

Honestly

• Connor macmillan says:

Even if my life depends on it

Honestly

• Connor macmillan says:

Even if my life depends on it
    Honestly

• Connor macmillan says:

Even if my life depends on it
    Honestly

• glauce lima says:

Yes. I agree. Stop PET and BFL

• @FRRWEB says:

I Frank Robinson (and family) promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.

• Akosh says:

I Akos K Bago promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.

• I Martyn Oakley promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.

• stan smith says:

I Stan Smith promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.
    I don't understand why the SST is painted….why not a brushed finish ?

• Connie Cheng says:

I Connie Cheng promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again.
    …Even if my friends tell me to. Or I wake up too late to fill up a bottle.

• Sebastian Varela says:

I Sebastian Varela promise from here on out to never buy or use plastic water bottles again

• hello there tom if you are still in need of them i think this is there site
    and details, they have 20% discount now,just say martina recommened you

• is yanko going to let us know of any corrections? has the date changed? is it not going free after all?