Seek and… Search and Destroy!

The following project is based mainly in the sketch realm, so bare with me all ye lovers of reality. For the rest of you, take that last swig of caffeine and strap on your air-pistols because this is one o’ them destroyer robots! Named “Search Bot” by its father Alp Germaner. Designer Alp Germaner I should say, but refuse to! Because this is a child of the mind. A robot from the electronic zaps and responses of the brain of Germaner, father to a race of machines that will one day crush us all.

This Search Bot is the product of lots and lots of computer gaming and a slick hand at birthing an ever-evolving robot body and base. I imagine someone like the Hulk or the Green Lantern could make quick work of these, but Batman? The Dazzler? Maybe not so much.

A real contender to look forward to in the future of robots vs human war!

Designer: Alp Germaner

• Alp says:

this for me, is a good test of imagination, and turning it into a 3d model & visuals.Its fun and there are no limits, even though i still take reference from existing objects and merge the two, in order for my mind to acknowledge a known object. Also thinking about presentation , pose , material finishes,lighting its good free exercise..Could stay as a fun study , but im thinking of growing models via an engineer friend.

• Alp says:

• Reki says:

The last pic's logo looks like something from Aperture Science.

I can hear it now…"There you are."

• Reki says:

The last pic's logo looks like something from Aperture Science.

I can hear it now…”There you are.”

• Marek says:

Nice work 🙂

• Marek says:

Nice work 🙂

• Vicky says:

Wow!It has a red eye,and reminds me of Terminator….

• Vicky says:

Wow!It has a red eye,and reminds me of Terminator….

• Alp says:

you would have an idea on the time lines and cost of growing this guy ?

• Alp says:

you would have an idea on the time lines and cost of growing this guy ?

• Jon says:

Looks like those fingers are those ultra fast models, capable of catching things out of the air thrown at random at short distances. Dribbles small basketballs at super speeds, etc… Im sure you borrowed some inspiration there. Well done! I wouldn't mind piloting a road or air model in a innovative video game. Cheers.

• Jon says:

• Alp says:

Hi Jon, never thought of that but you could give it whatever function you like in a game environment i suppose.

This guy was inspired from Mass Effect 2.Not sure if anyone seen the ”Geth” (google it)

• Alp says:

• Matt says:

I welcome our robot overlords

• Matt says:

I welcome our robot overlords

• Beautiful Design, Wow!! Well thought out. Now getting it into a prototype- that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

• gdw says:

thanks for your comments everyone

• bill says: