Tandem for Speedsters

You’ve got a tandem bike. Chances are, you’re either in a comedy movie or you’re biking with the Muppets. Either way, you’re not cruising very fast. And your bike? It’s probably pretty far up on the cutie-pie scale. What if you’re in the mood for modernism? What if you’d like to go FAST? Well then just look right here, no further must you go! Here it is, the “Tandem Speed” bike. Get your speed lines on.

Designer Robert is a man who likes his white, black, and red paint. Me too. You really don’t need anything else when it comes to pop anything. Making anything pop!, I should say.

This bike is not yet on the production line, but with the response I’m SURE it will get, it wont be far off. High five double bike!

Designer: Robert Egger

Tandem Speed tandem bike by Robert Zuchowski

tandemspeed02

tandemspeed03

tandemspeed04

• X2 says:

It does look good, but as a cyclist I am wondering how you would adjust the seat height… Unless this design is a proposal to custom-build every frame?

• Davin Black says:

Front rider definitely better not fart ;-p

• max says:

Could you please clarify the designer’s role in this? Specialized is a very well known brand, and since this is a real bike… is he the paint designer?

• T says:

Something tells me this is a custom paint job to promote a new shaft*drive system by Specialized. It looks like the front end is from Specialized’s time trial bikes, too.

…also, I understand the writer may not have seen a tandem since watching the Muppet Movie, but they really do exist in large numbers. With good riders they are VERY fast on flat land (only slow uphill).

• Robert Egger says:

There is a huge mistake here. This bike was designed and built by Robert Egger. Not robert Zuckowski. Please correct.

• Robert Zuchowski says:

The Designer and builder of this bike is Robert Egger… Robert Zuchowski just helped.

• Robert Zuchowski says:

• Ben says:

With the slightest hint of sarcasm….This product combines the 2 greatest aspects of cycling, carbon and tandemism, to create the king of all bikes!
    It is so great that I would buy one straight away! No seriously this is the coolest bike ever. I’ve been waiting for that special moment when someone makes the tandem bike cool! This is it. Wow I can’t wait to get one.
    This marks a new point in cycling history that all frame builders will remember. The honesty of the materials. The simplicity of the form. What a dream!

• ZRS says:

Looks a lot like a render to me… anyone else?

• darrell says:

dude this bike is the bomb

• Al Cortes says:

So Specialized, when is the bike going to be in production ????? I want at least 2 of them.

• Toeter says:

Is it me, or will the person at the back always be sniffing the front guy's rear end? That is, if the back guy's head even fits behind the front guy's buttocks.

• Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

• Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?

I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had issues with
    hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would
    be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• Davin Black says:

You’re out of luck; Yanko Design is built on WordPress.