Another Power Saver Plug, Maybe

We have covered many power saving plugs in the past, but for once I think we have quite an amicable solution with the Sticord. The plug itself houses the on-off switch, and when pushed on, the internal pins connect to complete the circuitry and start the power flow. The main-plug also helps identify which device it belongs to. This aspect may come in handy at offices, where many gadgets/devices coexist.

Those dependent on remote controls will have to move their butts and “SWITCH OFF” the mains! So it really is the question of being aware and doing the right things!

Designer: Dongyeon Kim

Sticord Power Saving Plug Design by Dongyeon Kim

sticord2

sticord3

sticord4

sticord5

sticord6

• While I love the concept, I can see a few design provisos. The wall outlets would need to be situated in easy touch range of the users, instead of at floor level. This would disable remote controls and other power-required features of modern electronics.

But the idea of putting the switch mechanism at the wall wart itself is quite appealing, especially with such a pretty implementation.

• Lamah says:

Or we can just improve the standby current usage of our appliances and everybody, even the lazy people, can save power automatically. It’s the cheaper option, too.

• reality says:

this just draws more power on an item that is out of sight. derr

• Jimmy C says:

Don't be rude, reality.
        And Lamah, improving on the plug as opposed to improving on the entire TV is NOT cheaper in any way.

• Jimmy C says:

Don't be rude, reality.

• Manish says:

Good idea… would be quite useful

Cheers!

• Dyyami says:

I don’t think that the major burden of pulling a plug is the actual pulling. It is the part of actually walking over to the socket and bend over to pull it. This action is not covered in this concept.

Besides, if the device is able to detect if a monitor is not being used/is turned off, why can’t it turn the plug off automatically, this would help even the lazy ones among us. However, swicthing it back on should then still be done manually, and is still a somewhat laborious process.

Although the idea itself is certainly inspiring, i have not yet seen any quality solutions

• Chitrak says:

exactly my thought.. the design is quite attractive , however , what is missing is Understanding the user.
      problem lies that we don’t really want to get off our place and going to the socket is really troublesome.

• RemoteKING says:

So, I’d need to move my couch every time I wanted to turn off a lamp? I don’t think so.

• Dylan says:

I think it's great. You don't necessarily have to bend over if its a push button, use your foot. also if its the plug is behind your couch try not to plug anything into it that draws a lot of power when it's off. Technology is not going to solve EVERYTHING, honestly if your too lazy to push a button to save money then theirs not really a lot we can do for you.

• Dylan says:

• Jimmy C says:

Best idea yet. I want this to be reality.

• Jimmy C says:

Best idea yet. I want this to be reality.

• Mady says:

From safety point of view also it is the safest….

• Mady says:

From safety point of view also it is the safest….

• Roman says:

Interest device!

• Kiana Gelo says:

I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours as of late, but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value sufficient for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the internet can be a lot more useful than ever before.

• It’s difficult to find educated people about this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks

• I believe this will depend when the bright surface of my granite
    isn’t bright and that I need to maintain wiping it clean.
    I agonized over this lately once we redid our home- I sat
    upon hours for hours taking a look at Pinterest and studying marble’s professionals and
    cons. I will have a spot of etches on my counter.

• I have a marble counter and have to maintain constantly cleans and seal it and got spots on it.
    I say enough!