Roger Roger, Talking on Music Gloves

So you’re snowboarding. You’ve got your Burton board, your Burton nopattern jacket, your Burton snowpants, Burton long underwear. But what’s missing! Your gloves! Oh just slap on a pair of Burton gloves, right? WRONG! You need some music, just use an iPod right? NO WAY! Put the music and the gloves (and the cellphone for that matter) all together. It’s the HR Burton music and voice communication gloves!

Oh joy! How I’ve always wanted to talk on a two-way radio through my gloves! Yes! Everyone whose ever snowboarded, skied, sled dogged, etc, knows how bundled up you really need to be to avoid the cold. We live in the future now, so people not only wish to board down a hill all nice and toasty, they want to talk to their friends and listen to their music on the way down too!

We’ll here’s that all. All of it in the gloves. Whip em out.

Designer: William Mazuel

musicandvoicecommuncationgloves01

musicandvoicecommuncationgloves02

HR BURTON music and voice communication gloves by William Mazuel

musicandvoicecommuncationgloves04

musicandvoicecommuncationgloves05

• brack says:

Would the features be interupted by the “normal” use of the glove…like taking off your snowboard, or adjusting your goggles? It might be strange if the boarder is wiping the snow off his goggles and the songs switch while doing it.

• LeaK says:

I remember a project done on an identical theme at Brunel universities Graduate show a few years back, i think the only difference was that has a greater emphasis on the radio feature. Cool stuff, about time someone made it!

• jerry says:

@brack

i think that its only when the thumb presses against the other fingers it works, not when the fingers press against any surface.

• Clint says:

The hold button at a location which is not normally hit would take care of that. I would also assume it would only be affected with the touch of the thumb.
      Love this design though. wish it would come out for next season.. only a concept though ='[

• Tow says:

Awesome project ! As a snowboarder i hope that Burton will take a look on this project.
    Stunning sketches !

ps: pipopipo

• Bauski says:

most impressive idea and concept I’ve seen her in a long time.
    Even if you want to argue about feasibility the presentation kicks ass.
    This’ got my support!

• john says:

I tend to clench my fist while I snow board one might consider adding like a hold function to avoid accidental button pressing.

• john says: