Magical Transformatron Boxes from Space!

This project right here is called “Boxetti.” It’s a series of box-like forms that transform into everything you could ever want in a single piece of furniture. There are five different boxes you can choose from, or if you’re totally into this, choose them all: bedroom, sofa, office, television, and kitchen. I would NOT mind having any one of these in my giant beachside penthouse.

Boxetti_Private is the bedroom model: it folds down into a double bed, a nightstand, and a wardrobe. The bed is lifted automatically by remote control, and has ambience lighting as well as a spotlight. The wardrobe is made up of six sections for all your bedroom thangs needs.

Boxetti_Lounge is the sofa: it can act as a couch with the two coffee tables pulled out, or it can be a giant table. With both options, several surfaces can be folded out from the sides for more workspace.

Boxetti_Practice is the office: Manual foldaway desk top with drawers, bookshelves, chill-niche for a nice sit, and optional finishing with leather or other fabrics.

Boxetti_Thrill is the tv: it’s a full entertainment center of course, with gigantic fold-out hi-fi speakers. An automatic HAFELE lift system brings the TV up, the TV is flat and 46″, High Standart 7.1ch Reciever and basic BluRay player. Also enclosed storage space for 8tracks and VHS — OR DVDs of course.*

*The Thrill does not have 8track or VHS capability.

Boxetti_Lunch is the kitchen: island unit from heaven has a sink, tap, infinite drawers, oak tree cutting board, built-in LED spotlight, two bar seats, space for built-in fridge, and a nice shiny exterior.

And you know what the best part is?

The demo picture has The Fifth Element playing on the TV.

BEST!

Designer: Rolands Landsbergs

Boxetti by Rolands Landsbergs

boxetti02

boxetti03

boxetti04

boxetti05

boxetti06

• mf says:

I love it!

• brack says:

I hope this doens’t offend any of you designers out there, but the first thing I thought of was “ikea in 50”.

• brack says:

…but it has very well thought out spaces. The white is a distraction for me, does it come in other colors? I would also worry about durability. If one piece breaks, are they easy to replace or do you have to replace the whole module?

• Koneck says:

Super. I wonder if the bed and sofa are soft.

• AlienzExist says:

Good ol’ designery white and orange(Zzzz) Nice execution though.

• It’s cool… But I don’t see it being assembled and disassembled evey time it’s going to be used, or even every day for that matter. It would be a pain to get home, tired from work, and have to go through all furniture, adjusting all of it before I could sit back and relax.

If it was all automatic when, let say, you pressed a button, then it would be pretty damn cool.

• kps9727 says:

Very impressive. I forsee a strong market with single men. My wife would never approve these in our house.

• cgouache says:

Very nice work.

• Tuakko says:

This must be the revenge of Joe Colombo´s Total Furnishing Unit. I guess too much integration just leads to shorter product lifespan and everything will be discarded at once when one feature becomes technically old-fashioned or some parts get worn out. In small apartments there would be some demand for this but I don´t see this doing any good in a huge loft.

• woont says:

I really like Boxetti – nice work. Clever combination of space saving furniture and perfect design. My favorite is Boxetti Practice – http://blog.woont.com/featured-posts/boxetti-prac

• woont says:

• Grey says:

I think this is amazing, carrying the coffee table on a daily bases must get tedious. Though very awesome still.

• Grey says:

• peter says:

where can one buy boxetti?

• I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you
    could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two
    pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

• Hamish says:

hi!,I really like your writing very much! share we communicate extra approximately
    your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to unravel
    my problem. May be that’s you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

• Nate says:

Thanks for finally writing about >Boxetti by Rolands Landsbergs Yanko Design <Liked it!

• rea says:

Usually I don’t leafn afticle on blogs, but I would like
    tto say that thiss write-up very compelled me to check out and do so!
    Your writing style hhas bden surprised me. Thanks, quite
    great post.

• As inequitable tax burdens, increased government intrusion and
    expanded entitlement programs squeeze the life out of
    an anemic economy, retirees unable to survive
    on their retirement incomes are headed back to the work force.
    Now it is to zap the buyer back with an indirect insult.

But Lee Marvin, in Serling’s episode of “Steel,” is quite another matter entirely,
    even by way of the most anciently impressive
    of standards; just as, to be sure, his performance, in The Dirty Dozen, was no less a
    masterpiece of the greatest refinement in style.

• If you can’t might wear a fabulous mask, compared to step will probably rule out the intense dress fancy dress outfits that are
    dependent on masks. Hence, when you want to find your right dress for the wedding day always be open to research about it.

On the contrary side, old females may wish to imitate the styles
    of some middle aged stars.

• Most support is achieved with a grid-like metal structure called a link
    spring. With almost 2,000 water parks all over the world,
    there are a lot of options for you to choose from. It is always important to check your contract as most include a automatic renewal.
    After his return to Paris in 1899, Aragon came into contact with Georges Melies and immediately offered to work in his workshop
    hand-colored films. This includes polystyrene, tube steel,
    aluminum steel, and aluminum excursion. There are
    some plans which offer quality speaking, Real DVD backup the:1 and great video clip quality.
    The Garmin Forerunner 310XT is known as a great training aid for multi-sport practitioners.
    These cameras are economical and easy to operate,
    but installation cost will be bit higher than the wireless cameras.
    This makes it easier to spend on the specifications and capabilities that
    you actually need rather than overspending on large generators when you don’t
    really need all that power. We have to make sure that early as possible the title and the records of the house we
    will buy is clear.

• For those of you who want to consume well while you diet regime,
    they also supply you with a HCH excess weight loss cookbook.
    HCG injections are essentially meant to cause the effect of appetite inhibition, lowering calorie intake and,
    most importantly, help break down fat stores in the body, resulting
    in easy and fast weight loss. Using his research Simeons
    began a strict diet regimen coupled with injections of the HCG hormone.

• I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
    This paragraph posted at this web site is in fact good.

• This article will assist the internet viewers
    for creating new weblog or even a weblog from start to end.