Recoiling Socket In The Wall

Rambler Socket maybe the solution most of us are looking for as far as extension cords are concerned. I mean if you hit “Extension Cord” on YD, for most of the posts you will see readers nitpicking and finding fault with the design. Here’s why Rambler Socket will knock your socks off. It’s this 1.5 meters cord that unfurls from a cavity behind its socket. When you don’t need extensions, it’s neatly tucked away. When you need it, simply pinch the sides and wind it out.

After the deed is done, you simply give the wire a gentle tug (activates a spring mechanism), and it recoils back into place. Ideal for using with electronics like vacuum cleaners, hair driers etc where you don’t need extension cords on a full-time basis.

Designer: Meysam Movahedi

rambler_socket

Rambler Socket Built-in Wall Extension Cord by Meysam Movahedi

rambler_socket3

rambler_socket4

• judi bola says:

it’s realy….reaaly good and simple

• Lucky says:

I designed a Wall socket with extension code which can be extended up to max 7m. Wire thickness 6mm. No heating problem at all while using or rewinding. Easy to fit within a modern wall thickness could lie within 90mm-100mm wall space range. This design can be extended further to Industrial use as well with thicker wires.

Until I patent my design concept, I don’t feel save here and unfortunately I can’t explain further.
    Even I can redesign the Meysam Movahedi’s “Rambler Socket” which would absolutely overcome any of the heating problems or any fire hazards during unwinding or winding.

Lucky
    Robust engineering Pty Ltd
    Melbourne
    Australia.

• fotobee says:

Though this wouldn’t work with your mom’s extension cord from 1965 in a hay bale house, there are plenty of insulated cords that would work just fine.

Otherwise, we wouldn’t have electricity run through the walls for fear of flammability. A proprietary heat-insulating housing around the cord, outlet, and reel configuration and that’s all she wrote.

Maybe have option of hard wiring or plugging into existing socket? It is essentially just a retractable extension cord, so why not make it plug-n-play install as well?

• it’s realy….reaaly good and simple

• Such a simple solution to a common problem. Did they actually produce or make this for electric sockets?

• Matt says:

Hello !
    Wher can I buy this thing ?

Reg
    M.

• ë a pity you do not have to Brazilian standard

• What’s up to every one, it’s truly a good
    for me to pay a quick visit this website, it contains priceless
    Information.

• Brandi says:

I have an older house (build in 1908) and plaster walls are substantially thick. It’s also not that hard to carve into plaster- well, over a hundred year old plaster gets hard as a rock over time, but if you use the right tools it’s fairly simple. As for any extra energy needed to be used just because it’s a longer cord, the amount is so minimal it’s almost negligible. (And if you converted/are in the process of converting your house to solar energy like I am, that miniscule amount won’t matter as it won’t be hurting your checkbook anyways.)

• Thanks designed for sharing such a good
    thought, post is pleasant, thats why i have read it fully

• I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for
    me to come here and visit more often. Did you
    hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Outstanding work!

• domain says:

Hello to all, how is all, I think every one is getting
    more from this website, and your views are good designed for new visitors.

• clever phone says:

I don’t know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing issues with
    your site. It seems like some of the written text within your content are running off the screen. Can someone else
    please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too?
    This might be a issue with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before.

• animal photo says:

If some one desires to be updated with most up-to-date technologies then he must be visit this website and be up to date
    every day.

• Gloria says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on beeping noise.
    Regards

• dan says:

It looks like a great idea but it would never work… how can you plug in a cord when the socket holes are the wrong shape? 2 small holes when it should be two parallel slots with a small hole below the two..

• Niko F says:

it looks good – but I don’t think it will be good idea to have that one into the wall

• Mike says:

It is not good practice to put an electrical connection inside a wall.

• hasan says:

Is it available to buy?

• davood.talebi says:

Hello. Mobile wireless models that are designed to plug into both were excellent. How was wired out of the outlet collects. If it is possible to map the interior of the socket send me. Thank you

• Mayur says:

Please let me know from where to buy these product rambler socket or any other product asap.
    Thank you.

• Anton says:

Hey there! That’s a really good idea, I’m ready to buy it right now. So please, tell me where can I purchase it?
    Beside, I can take distribution role in Russian Federation. ThanX