Plate, Spoon And Glass, All In One Hand

Dinner parties and official gatherings are a time to mingle and do some serious networking. In such situations many of us (greedy/hungry) people have to give the yummy hors d’oeuvres and appetizers a miss, so that we don’t come across as awkward and messy. You know the scene: glass of wine in one hand and a plate full of goodies in the other! Mantara is the ideal solution for such social situations. It looks stylish and has a groove to hold your wine glass, a niche to secure the spoon/fork and the dish holds the appropriate proportion of food. Keep it all in one hand and let the other do the flirting!

Designer: Gabriel Contino

mantaradish

Mantara Crockery by Gabriel Contino

mantaradish3

mantaradish4

mantaradish8

mantaradish9

• demax says:

I get the problem it’s trying to solve, but the third picture perfectly illustrates the new problem it’s going to create:
    dirty glass.

• María says:

I had the chance to use the protoype, and I can ensure it works perfectly. the glass never gets dirty beacause it's in a higher level than the food.
    It was used in the context of a design exhibition in argentina, and people was satisfied with the product.
    Maybe the problem is that its shown with renders instead of pictures.

• Bep says:

.I second demax.

also, seriously, it is hideous. Plates should be about showcasing the food.

awesome tho, that that is seems as if if the blue man group is modeling the the dishware

• Bobby says:

Refining the design would help …

something to stop the glass from coming into contact wif da food and perhaps something to prevent the utensils from running all over the place …

This product is out on the market right?

• Bobby says:

hehe … it’s a start …

Refining the problem of dirty glass by raising the circular area around the notch holding the glass.

Raise the notches holding the fork/spoon …

IS this product out on the market?

I could produce this but who’s gonna buy it?

• Bobby says:

refining the design perhaps would solve the issues with the dirty glass or utensils falling all over.

This product is out on the market already isn’t it?

I could manufacture diz … anyone interested?

• María says:

I had the chance to use the protoype, and I can ensure it works perfectly. the glass never gets dirty beacause it’s in a higher level than the food.
    Maybe the problem is that it´s shown with renders instead of pictures.

• KwangErn says:

The concept is there, design is not quite there yet. Needs refining?

I think it’s the right step towards something awesome…

• RaDe says:

So amazing !

• jinwoo han says:

why nobody knows it is totally copied idea from STERNFORM product ?

• is says:

Seriously, you’d think everyone would recognize a piece taken from the Phillipe Starck original, the only difference is this one doesn’t look like it’s disposable.

• Luke R says:

Awesome idea!

• karl says:

gotta say that people throw around this notion that whenever somebody does a design that is similar to someone else’s design it is “totally copied”. The reality is this is most likely not the case, designers can’t be aware of every single other design out there. I did something once for a competition which I thought was really cool, only to discover that the same idea appeared in an exhibition a couple of years earlier. It does not mean I copied it. This designer did not copy sternform either.

• Bobby says:

darn … sorry about over-posting … no idea how come after i posted, I didn’t see my posts at all … my apologies

Karl … technically it’s not copying … as long as there are some improvements or difference between the original and new product.

Sometimes the improvements might be better than tthe original.

• karl says:

if you have a look at the sternform product this version is far superior.

• sk says:

I looked it up and I must say that the sternform product is a really clever Idea. Simple and cool. This one is to much for me.

• Bobby says:

oh well … they don’t look disposable at all does it?

REusability sounds good … probably great to look at for business functions, meetings, forums, parties and home gatherings etc.

• Adrian says:

Terrific idea and the way it’s shaped allows you to cup it comfortably.

• ClayMiddia says:

Why don’y we just eat and THEN drink and talk. It’s impolite to talk with our mouths full, anyways…

• Asking questions are reaally good thing if you are not understanding anything completely, but this piece off writing provides good understanding even.