Why Should I Want This MID

Really, why would I want this MID (Mobile Internet Device) over the current iPhone I use? Lord! I know you’re up to your neck with Apple banging, so for a change let’s compare it to an LG Arena, Samsung I7500 or even BlackBerry Storm 2. Where does this MID score over the rest of these Internet efficient phones? Two places: Prime Real Estate i.e. a three screen setup that opens to 210 x 210 mm and an Integrated Stand.

On the flip side, this MID is merely a concept, but is pompous enough to include a clip-like anti-theft mechanism! I’m not going to get into the tech-specs, coz any dandy designer can pump out just about anything they like these days. So my focus stays on the screen.

How important is the screen of a mobile phone anyways. Plenty! Those who chanced on the LG Arena etc. will have to admit, that when you are using a device that small for net browsing, you wished for that moment the screen was a bit larger. Unfortunately I do need to quote Apple here, but damn; the panning in and out on the iPhone, sure compensates for not having a large computer screen handy. So yeah, a mobile device with a three tier screen layout giving easy keyboard access to fat fingers really scores, even if it’s a concept!

Designer: Petr Kubik

• yoyoMan says:

It seems that you won’t have to charge that often either.. maybe only every 2 hours or so.. AWESOME!

I say let’s stop touching screens and go steam punk all the way. Buttons that click, built in winder charger, you know the classics.

For big screen I have my laptop, it’s big so I have an excuse not to bring it everywhere!

IMO

• pixxan says:

Actually, *because* it’s only a concept, it doesn’t score a damn thing. How many of these wonderful concept phones ever see the light of the real world?

• There is no way in hell that thing would be usable with Intel Atom!!!

Unless the designer puts nVidia ION in there I would not be interested…

• amber says:

I’d be obsessive compulsive about dead pixels and scratches. Which sounds like more grief than its worth.

• Mert Can says:

Touch screen? No problem!
    Glossy / shiny edges? Here you go..!
    Figner Prints? What?? Finger prints? No,none of course!

Thats why the render world is great.

And about possible nVidia ION or Intels Atoms… they aren’t SIMCard sized.

For power source? It seems 1950s atomic obsession is back with SIMCard sized nuclear reactors… May be kind of radiation leads to that mutations which makes us “finger-printless”

• avin says:

how about toying with one single flexible amoled that opens up to be one huge screen ?

• peter says:

I like the beer bottle opener at the back. Very handy.

• Rsr says:

this should kill the apple iphone XD

• OMG says:

great pics in rendering, junk in the real world

• I have read a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how so much attempt you put to make any such fantastic
    informative web site.

• Getting a nice brown color on your food requires a pan that is as hot
    as possible before the food hits its surface. Pillsbury Frozen Buttermilk Pancakes are a delicious breakfast
    food that tastes very close to homemade. When learning how to
    hold a breakfast fundraiser, one of the most overlooked aspects
    is advertising.