Apple Ate My Mouse

I think very few people have ventured into concepts regarding the mouse let alone an Apple Mouse. So naturally when I came across this slim-trim device I was tempted to prod further. Besides looking AWSOME, the Apple Slim Mouse packs in Bluetooth and switches between trackball (400dpi) and laser (1600dpi) with a micro adjustment. Smooth sailing is what you get, and the options of aluminum or plastic finishes. BTW, I wonder why would anyone want to design a trackball mouse in this day and age!

Designer: Tryi Yeh

• creative says:

because trackballs suck ass.. the design is nice, but resembles te old mouse to much, nothing new here..

• Nikki says:

Would you think differently about a trackball if you had a disability?
      I’ve used a trackball for over 20 years. Otherwise, computers would be something else that was used only by others.

Grow up and think of others instead only of yourself.

• Barton says:

That is the problem with 90% of the readers on here. They just blurt out whatever comes into their head first without actually considering other factors.

• tryi says:

hello….i’m tryi

in fact….it’s a fail proposal in my last company.

we have true component and finish the frist mode.

so….maybe it’s not very snug,but…it’s the maximum of low from we test.

how ever~the works can’t finish conclusion.

because……….produce cost.

by the way…my english is notgood.
    so…i’m sorry about answer’s unknown.
    thanks our questions.

• TMI says:

A lot of people use trackballs to this day, there’s some good innovations in the design of them actually. They are quicker in a lot of aspects than a regular mouse since there’s less movement involved, which is why programmers seem to enjoy them over a mouse.

And of course the handicap issue.

I agree with Nikki, you run a design blog supporting innovation and out-of-the-box thinking, yet you stereotype and pigeonhole yourself all the time with ridiculous comments in your articles. How about trying to think big (sorry Apple, i’ll return your tagline) instead of not thinking.

• Carl says:

too small for comfort where are the ergonomics?

• sunny says:

can i speak Chinese .my english so bad!

• Hollis Ervin says:

Guess what guys, none of you read it. It’s a trackball mouse, not a trackball pointing device. In other words, it’s old-timey and requires just as much arm movement as any mouse but works more poorly. The little trackball on top is for scrolling like the current Apple mice.

That said, it looks way uncomfortable to use. So, in that respect, the designer has really tapped into the Apple mouse philosophy.

• mike says:

I agree with you Barton everybody just have to criticize others without even looking to the main point.And yeah Hollis i also noticed the same point.

• mike says:

• Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person’s blog link
    on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in support of you.