Spacey Loo or Giant Smoking Pipe?

Its name is Mrs. Hudson. Yes she has a name. The design was inspired by a modified water drop, whatever that means. I’m seeing more smoking pipe tho, but hey, it recently won a Russian bathroom design contest sponsored by Roca so it must be good. I just wonder who Mrs. Hudson is and if she knows a loo was named after her.

Designer: 2-B-2 Architecture

• rayelle says:

it looks like a smokers pipe..hehe (ignore me i’m being childish!)

• powers says:

That Russian bathroom design contest has produced some really nice results. No exception here.

• Kate says:

“In light of the uncertain residential housing market and slowing commercial construction and design projects, redesign and rehabilitation rather than new construction in both the commercial and residential sectors is likely to receive renewed focus. In blending economy with performance, interior designers will need to focus on creative solutions and cost-effective ways to meet clients’ goals in these challenging economic times,” said ASID Executive Director Michael Alin.

And hyperlink this release – http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/asid-weighs-value-design-tough/story.aspx?guid=%7BF3959918-3BA5-4376-9A36-5889F33ECF81%7D&dist=hppr

• jgrnt1 says:

Dude….that’s some good sh*t!

Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

• Alex Barilov says:

Mrs. Hudson was Sherlock Holmes’ servant in the novels, hence the name and the pipe, i think.

• cgmasson says:

Regards the name, is it a Sherlock Holmes reference?

• methe says:

well, many people solve problems while sitting on a toilet…i’ll agree that it is a reference to sherlock holmes 😉
    even if it isn’t, the design is interesting and the name gives the loo a new dimension on which you could ponder while using it, hehe.

• Carl says:

would like to see a side on view. and also a sectional view of the component lay out too. how are the components accessed?

there are many dirt traps on this design too. ooh yea lovely shape, but frought with problems.

• Mark says:

I missed the Sherlock Holmes reference. I just thought it was because Mr. Hudson (or even Mr. /Dr. Holmes) can’t use it standing up.

• loz says:

…and flowing… movement… lot of dynamic! realy like it

• Zuzia says:

Haha, first thing that came to mind were the joint images of Duchamps Urinal and Magrittes This Is Not A Pipe.
    🙂

• tan ming suan says:

Hi I wanna buy it, maybe 20 units.
    Do u have any idea on, where to get them with reasonable price?
    Thanks, email me, mingsuan@hotmail.com

• shafiq says:

i have carpentry company in bahrain i need some new picture….

• I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me
    tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something regarding this.

• Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.

It’s always useful to read through articles from other writers and practice something from their web sites. |