Sony gets a Sidekick

I said it before and I’ll say it again; design mash-ups are fun. Take this latest concept by Samuel Lau. He has blended together a Sidekick Mobile phone with a PSP Slim. Why? Because he can. Looks pretty decent and features a 3.2 megapixel cam round back, full frontal webcam action and the most notable aspect. a slide-up QWERTY keyboard! I say while we are at it, why not add motion sensors, a touch screen and geo-tracking to help find and connect with other PSPers. And I want $50,000 in dimes, a get-away car and the letter M stricken from the English alphabet. You hear me SONY!?

Designer: Samuel Lau

[youtube:http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JKn1GoUR8 468]

Texts from the designer:

-Hope to have 50,000 views and 1000 comments.
-Then i will send this video directly to Sony for consideration.
-Once i reach the target, i will make another official proposal video to Sony.
-I am also raising fund for my education which cost about C$50,000. Hope if Sony like my idea and uses it, they pay half of my education fee.
-Hope i can see the real thing before Christmas 2009 (Fingers cross)!
-So be fast, spread the words!
-Last of all: YOU can make it happen!!!

• Sebastian polska says:

It’s good idea. Sony – once time lisen fan’s, please.

• joshua pabellon says:

when is this babyy comin out…???

• Jeremiah says:

I still think it would be cooler and more esthetically pleasing if the camera was placed within the ring on the back, it would be more balanced. But that’s just me. They should do this for the PSPGo if it comes out!

• mario says:

It’s good idea. you have support from the Poles

• dyfsfiastyfuys says:

hey samuel your very smart please send this to sony i would die to have one comment back

• Benjamin Hinely says:

add a second analog stick and its a win, and a cellphone.

• anna says:

i think da sidekick/psp iz great nd i cant wait for it to come out soo good luck i think sony should had accepted it a long time ago cuz thiz iz a great idea nd people would love it nd i wud too soo again good luck:)!!!

• Gracjan says:

Good Idea + touchscreen

• maly says:

wery good… I like this…

• fiona says:

OK FIRST OF ALL DOESNT SAMUAL LAU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE TOUCH SCREEN? AND A PSP SIDEKICK IS GONNA BE VERY EXPENSIVE WITH TOUCH SCREEN AND ALL THAT JUNK! IF HE WANTS A TOUCH SCREEN IN IT THEN WHY A KEYBORAD WITH IT? HE SHOULD OF THOUGHT ABOUT THIS BEFORE HE DID THE DESIGNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fiona says:

NOT MANY PEOPLE WILL BUY A PSP SIDEKICK BECAUSE IF THEY PUT A TOUCH SCREEN IN IT WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE! ITS GONNA BE LIKE EXPENSIVE AS AN IPHONE!

• fiona says:

I ONLY HAVE TWO PROBLEMS WITH THIS DESIGN! IF THEY PUT A TOUCH SCREEN IN IT IT WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE BECAUSE ITS HARD TO MAKE TOUCH SCREEN. IF THEY MAKE THIS IT BETTER BE ALMOST THE PRICE AS THE OLD PSP! IF ITS LIKE $500 ID RATHER HAVE AN IPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fiona says:

PSP SIDEKICK IS JUST A DESIGN! ITS NOT EVEN MADE! MAYBE SONY WILL MAKE IT! I HOPE THEY DONT! IF THEY DO IT BETTER BE LESS THEN $300!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jason fox"s man says:

Omfg i want that psp rite now
    its a genius idea and sony would make millions of money
    its sexy as hell it has a camera a key board nd everything i just want
    thank you samuel for this idea sony u BETTER release this psp around christmas time this will be a big success.Think about it,people these days love key boards on small devices such as the sidekick etc.,,now to have it on a psp is the FUTURE!!!!!!
    PLEASE SONY release this psp soon.MO MONEY MO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

• Jason fox"s manager says:

Omfg i want that psp rite now
    its a genius idea and sony would make millions of money
    its sexy as hell it has a camera a key board nd everything i just want
    PLEASE SONY release this psp soon.MO MONEY MO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

• remek4x4 says:

I’m from Poland and I think it’s very good idea!

Jestem z Polski i sądzę, że to świetny pomysł!

• karlo says:

very goooooood idea

• Gregor says:

idea it’s good

• Sanashimo says:

It is good idea

• Illya says:

I luv da idea i hope it will come out b4 september 2010 .

gr8 Design

• samira says:

this is the best idea
    and i love both of them

• livii says:

coolist psp i’ve ever sawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• J.L says:

make it make it make it make it!

• J.L says:

make it make it make it make it!

• Wiktor says:

A Super PSP

• Wiktor says:

A Super PSP

• what is the name of this PSP, i would love to go to the market and get one….

• herrera says:

very very good idea this would be way better than the psp go it didn’t even take me old games! What a waste of 200 bucks

• herrera says:

• herrera says:

very very good idea this would be way better than the psp go it didn’t even take me old games! What a waste of two hundred dollars

• herrera says:

• how much dos it cost in pounds please reply!!!!!

• Jimmy C says:

Lovin’ it!

• Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.

Nonetheless, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

• Adam says:

Actually, these ingredients are easy to find, so there’s no need to worry about where to find anti aging products that contain natural oils. Macadamia Nut – protects the hair from external pollutants, is rich and yet easily absorbed, useful for very dry and damaged hair, similar in structure to the natural sebum (oil) of the scalp and therefore a good scalp oil. Dead skin cells are not effectively shed if your skin is dehydrated and will block your pores.