Fort Focus

I am sure everyone at one point has felt the urge to crawl into a box and hide from the world. I know I can’t live without that sense of confined privacy I get when I am tucked away in my car while in traffic, hidden behind my tinted windows. Sure, I know people can still kinda see me as I pick my nose or pound on the air drums, but I don’t care. It’s my very own little fortress from the world. “House on the table” by Soojin Hyun captures that same sense of implied privacy with its whimsical design. By creating a desk that combines bookshelves, a vaulted ceiling, four walls, look-out portals and interior lighting, you can spend your days defending your domain from the invading middle-management hordes. Just remember to wipe the war paint off your face before walking into your next meeting.

Designer: Soojin Hyun

• Jack Eckou says:

its just amazing. especially the design inside is…wow.

but from outside, it looks a bit…strange. something like a doghouse inside your house.

• Chris says:

What a great idea for loft style condos where privacy is non-existent.

• Mat says:

I love it! i want one now. I just love how its both a brilliant concept but also beautifully designed as well.

• igreenspot says:

I’m really impressed with the prototype, very detail, very real

• Liz says:

this is very silly and rather impractical for an office setting – but i could imagine it might be useful in an open plan house or apartment where someone who works or, like me, goes to school from home. This would give the visual seperation that is often needed to get family to leave me alone! plus, it’s really cute! lol

• Lynnea says:

I love this!! I wish I could have this at work…. where I work we are all lined up next to each other and there is NO privacy or private conversation….

• Afivey says:

I like this, though looking at the exterior didn’t convince me, it seems so claustrophobic. But the interior really does look like a useful and productive environment.

• xXblahXx says: