C42 Car Showroom

Car showrooms were once the wonders of the modern world, grand temples to the mystery of mechanical progress. Citroën, always one of the most forward-looking of firms, were amongst the first to embrace modern architecture’s potential for making spaces to showcase their wares.

As well as the iconic Marbeuf building, designed by Bazin and Laprade in 1929, there were other examples of striking modernist structures built around Europe, including a glass-façaded showroom on the Champs Elysées, designed by Maurice-Jacques Ravazé and opened in 1932. Overhauled in 1984 as the ‘Hippo-Citroën’, a combination of car showroom, café and restaurant, the site has now been given a thoroughly modern reconstruction.

The new building, known as C42, was designed by architect Manuelle Gautrand after an international competition. C42 marks a return to the large glass façade, only this time with a distinctively brand-centric spin; the famous double chevron logo is woven into the 30m high faceted front.

The architect describes the frontage as ‘an allegory of automotive design,’ in the way the 86-tonne latticework of glass and steel encloses the display space within, yet is also freestanding and self-supporting, just as a car’s bodywork is a structural element in its own right. Inside, a central mast rises up the full height of the space, containing suspended rotating platforms to display cars and concepts.

Designer: Manuelle Gautrand

• janper says:

live photos at my website

• CH.PRADEEP KUMAR RED says:

Sir,
    I, CH.PRADEEP KUMAR REDDY ,studying IX semester B.Architecture in S.A.R College Of Architecture, India.& dealing with my final Thesis Project. I decided to take AUTO MALL as my Thesis topic in which I'am interested to provide following
    • Retail and Display areas
    • Warehousing
    • Servicing
    • Insurance and Financing
    • Test Track
    • Administration and ancillary services
    • Corporate Offices of Automobile/Related Companies
    • Pavilion for Auto Expo and Car/Related Product Launch
    • Multi Level Car Parking
    • Food Court.
    So as part of my Thesis I need to work with Case studies of Automobile Showroom .As part of my case study I request you to extend all possible data for my case study by providing necessary Information,Data,Drawings,Photographs,Plans of showrooms you have in your website. Which were meant to be used only for Academic purpose.
    Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,
    CH.Pradeep Kumar Reddy,
    pradeep1117@gmail.com

• CH.PRADEEP KUMAR REDDY says:

Sir,
    I, CH.PRADEEP KUMAR REDDY ,studying IX semester B.Architecture in S.A.R College Of Architecture, India.& dealing with my final Thesis Project. I decided to take AUTO MALL as my Thesis topic in which I’am interested to provide following
    • Retail and Display areas
    • Food Court.
    Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,
    CH.Pradeep Kumar Reddy,
    pradeep1117@gmail.com

• marc schömann says:

i saw this building in paris, amazing! one of my favorite buildings in paris.

• marc schömann says:

i saw this building in paris, amazing! one of my favorite buildings in paris.

• abhiram says:

am doing bsc interior designing …….. as a part of my studies am doing a project on car showroom ……. so pls help me in providing the furniture details used in showroom ………

• DaLk says:

Been there,

a little cramped on th e ground floor, but it neatly displayed the cars i’ve been able to see there (like the citroen’s gran turismo 5 car )

• Mark11 says:

This growing database is used for press releases and press events throughout the year, gener- ating 310 million media impressions last year alone. ,

• Loy72 says:

I can’t recreate the error. ,

• AYSHA BANU says:

RESPECTED SIR,
    I am Aysha Banu, doing my final year in B.ARCH I.D. I am pereparing topics regarding my thesis.
    I am planned to take automobile showrooms. So i need some info regarding the facilities in the showroom and what are all the other things that can be included in a showroom. For this I need some case studies for reference. Can u provide the info i need.
    Yours sincerely’
    K.Aysha Banu

• AYSHA BANU says:

RESPECTED SIR,
    Yours sincerely’
    K.Aysha Banu

• yvette says:

Sir,

Greetings.

My name is Yvette Tepora, 5th year Architecture Student in the Philippines. I am doing my thesis proposal tentatively entitled: Autovehicle Exhibition and Drive Training Center. Upon scanning the book " 1001 Buildings you must see before you die", i found the C42 Showroom interesting. However, the book provides basic informations as well as the internet. It will be much great help if helpful data such as the basics or guidelines in designing an auto showroom and the like will be provided for the success of this thesis proposal.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thank You and God Bless.

Respectfully,

Yvette Tepora

• yvette says:

Sir,

Greetings.

My name is Yvette Tepora, 5th year Architecture Student in the Philippines. I am doing my thesis proposal tentatively entitled: Autovehicle Exhibition and Drive Training Center. Upon scanning the book ” 1001 Buildings you must see before you die”, i found the C42 Showroom interesting. However, the book provides basic informations as well as the internet. It will be much great help if helpful data such as the basics or guidelines in designing an auto showroom and the like will be provided for the success of this thesis proposal.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thank You and God Bless.

Respectfully,

Yvette Tepora

• R.kaushik abinav says:

respected sir
    i am kaushik abinav doing my B.ARCH 5TH YR IN SCHOOL OF PLANING AND ARCHITECTURE, Hyderabad
    i am a thesis student working on a multistory ed automobile showroom, so for my research purpose i would be requiring some data from u guys like design of the showroom,any drawings possible,and also pictures so it would be really grateful if i could get my requirements

yours sincerely,
    R.Kaushik Abinav
    kaushik.abinav@gmail.com

• arman joshi says:

hello sir,
    I am arman joshi doing BE mechanical branch. sir I whould like to open a automobile showroom.but I have no idea about this.and this is the dream of my life.
    kindly reqest to you please guide me and send me some idea,data.
    frm:- arman joshi

• samnan says:

samnan kalyani here an architecture student sir i m working on my thesis and the topic is multibrand car chowroom with service station ,so sir i need some useful information regarding the same.in any form drawing or text or images.anything will d

your help is highly appreciated.
    THANK YOU.

yours sencerely,
    samnan kalyani

• Yes! Finally something about click here for the top
    survey sites.

• As you can see the first 14 days netted 20 lbs weight loss.
    Some of the complications of adjustable gastric band post-surgical treatment are
    nausea, vomiting, gastroesophageal reflux, stoma obstruction, constipation, dysphagia, diarrhea, and irregular stools.
    The use of beauty products is one of the everyday regimens of women.

• Another useful outlet is to join a forum where you can ask question and
    gather information on certain RV from those that already own the particular motorhome.
    The old art of stealth in carp fishing seems to be as dead as the
    dodo on most carp waters today and it seems to me that the average carp angler is so manically driven to get in a
    swim set up and cast out they have no idea it is far better to think like the fish and not an angler
    first and truly give carp the respect they deserve that will guarantee to give them the catches their strive so manically for.
    Be sure to vacuum floors, rugs and upholstery your pet comes in contact with regularly.

• Artificial baits include spoons, jigs, ribbon baits, rattler baits & streamer baits.

Connect “A’s” positive terminal to “B’s” negative terminal.
    But have you ever thought about living in your boat full time.

• This is considered to be the main risk with rhinoplasty and it accounts
    for 5-15% of the cases that cause revision surgery as based on studies.
    However, apart from beauty purposes, nose jobs are also used to correct problems that might have occurred due to a misshapen nose, such as
    breathing. Some are dissatisfied with their natural noses,
    some have incurred injuries to their noses, and some do not like how aging has changed their noses.

• About the Author: Sally Ormond is an independent copywriter and owner of
    Briar Copywriting Ltd. Times have definitely changed from
    when we used to peruse through a newspaper to find an apartment.
    That’s where you’ll want to spend your time (and money).

• ” “Patients can combine dual-depth resurfacing with botox and filler” for synergistic enhancements. But with only 20 calories a serving and 3 grams of carbs, it’s an extremely low carb choice for people who want to enjoy pasta guilt free. You then take your BMR, and multiply it with an activity factor, to determine your TDEE: Sedentary (BMR X 1.

• Facelift surgery will help you defy age and enjoy an attractive and more youthful facial appearance.
    Better and quicker results are more achievable even with difficult noses (due to severe trauma or
    in asymmetrical faces). Wavefront -guided LASIK, contact our
    Sacramento office for a complimentary eye care consultation.

• Hello, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, wonderful blog!

• Hi, always i used to check blog posts here early in the break of day, since i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

• Artificial baits include spoons, jigs, ribbon baits,
    rattler baits & streamer baits. Be sure to go with fresh bait, and stay away from
    the baits that are based on chicken or cat food. Here are the guild
    quests along with a handy location and a listing of the reward for
    completion.