Link Mugs

We’ve all done it at one time or another – tried to carry one mug too many rather than use a tray. The result is predictable – burnt fingers and stains on the carpet.

So, inspired by the quintessential builder’s mug, Jon has developed an ingenious solution to this problem – mugs that link together. An elegantly formed cross on the side of each mug fits neatly into the next, forming a self supporting row of up to 6 mugs. So there’s no tray, no mess and absolutely no fuss.

Designer: Jonathan Aspinall

• Blake says:

Add big black numbers to them so you know which is yours and you are in bussiness.

• Monty says:

I’ll go ahead and state the obvious …
    If it works, why is it the photos show empty mugs? I certainly would not want to be the first to beta test this idea with a bunch of hot beverages.

• Mastermluck says:

You wouldn’t have to beta test with hot beverages that would just be silly. You would beta test with cold beverages because if it didn’t work know one would get burned. I mean a liquid is just a liquid hot or cold.

• Jeffj-NJ says:

I hate to do this, I do, but…

Why just one link point? Why not a plug and receptacle at the top and bottom of the mug? It would seem to me that’d make the whole thing considerably more secure.

• CraighyATT says:

Better yet. Why not a tray. I’d say this is a solution in search of a problem. If I were doing it, I’d put a strip of male velcro up one side of the cup and a strip of female up the other side. Then all the cups would stick together. Or maybe strong magnets embedded in the plastic. I don’t like having the extra sticky-outy thing on the sides of the mugs.

• Loutang82 says:

this is god’s gift to interns everywhere

• Zenpoet says:

I can only assume that someone at the company has figured out that this design would be perfect for bars and bar glasses. Waitstaff everywhere would love these things.

• Robert says:

You can get triangle shaped pint glasses already so you can easily carry a few at once. I agree with the above, why not use a tray? It’s just a gimick.

• I wonder how 'easy' to separate each of the mugs when it fill with hot coffee

• I wonder how ‘easy’ to separate each of the mugs when it fill with hot coffee

• carl arnese says:

MMMMMMMMMM LEGO TECHNIC inspired perhaps……..

• what is the point in these mugs?
    from a practical point of view, how easy is it to clean the inside of the mug.
    also how easy is it to pull the mugs apart when they are filled with liquid, surely you will spill hot liquid all over yourself. not good.
    they look like they are made from plastic, therefore surely the little connectors sticking out will be prone to snapping off, therefore a child safety hazard.

• lively doagg says:

absolute cheap rubbish! who on earth designed this tripe

• Alf says:

Genial….completely brilliant ^_^

• raccoon says:

it’s crap
    well as long as the inside isnt plane

• Bessem Bikhazi says:

The inventor is sitting on a goldmine…”sell me this idea” before it gets to the Dragons Den!