It Takes Two, Me And You

No one can deny the power of 2. Two heads are supposed to be better than one. The number 2 is the smallest prime number and the only even one. It’s also the most divisible number. If that weren’t enough evidence, 2 is the number of DNA strands that make up the double helix structure. The common denominator here is the number 2 denotes cooperation and that’s where the Duofone concept begins.

The Duofone looks like any other slick concept but this time, it’s not about megapixels, or screen resolution, or even smartphone abilities. It’s about putting two of them together to combine their screen real estate. It’s about sharing each other’s battery power if one is low. It’s about increasing its abilities when paired with its partner. It even looks like a couple in bed when docked to its charging cradle.

Designer: Daewoo Kim

• Cheryl says:

this is jus so awesome! Must have for the hi-tech love birds on the block!! what say??

• Huygir says:

If they flatten out the design, this could be quite cool.

If you could just partially charge one from another, there is whole social thing going on here… say you’re in doing the tourist thing and run out of charge – just ask a friendly local (e.g., pretty young girl) if you can impose on them for a 15 minute boost from their phone and then strike up a conversation while it’s charging.

The “hook together for a big screen” idea is also cool, and I can think of plenty of opportunity for using that (if the batteries can provide sufficient run time).

It’s a shame these thing almost never make it to market.

• Geisrud says:

I like the side by side thing if there would be no gap in the screen from a bezel. It would give enough real estate that the screen would be usable for a movie.

• MadLLama says:

Want them soooo bad. So cool design and sleekness.
    I really hope they make it to the market, i would buy one unit as soon as they come out.

• ying says:

I want to buy it?
    who can help me?

• heinz says:

Kindly let me know where and when it will be available and what about the price!

Looking forward to hear

Thanks

Heinz

• loans9340 says:

hey ))
    its very point of view.
    Good post.
    realy good post

• Ashley says:

I love this idea- love the sharing power and screens when needed- but how would you ever get this to work right. You could buy one for your spouse and one for you, but you would never actually share power or screens. If you’re with the person with the other half of the phone, why would you be watching a movie on your cell phone? Why would you share power when you could use theirs? I just don’t see how this could actually be useful in day-to-day life, but I like the idea.

• wellso says:

the idea is great
    but the shape may be uncomfortable..

• sarrel says:

This is a great idea, I could just imagine being on a car ride and just pulling out both phones to watch a movie, or if I forgot to charge it up, I could borrow someones battery charge.(Which would happen all the time.) Awesome Idea.

• Daewoo kim says: