Stolen Jewels by Mike and Maaike

An exploration of tangible vs virtual in relation to real and perceived value. Using google image search, we browsed through some of the most expensive and often famous jewelry in the world, the low-res images we found were stolen, doctored, then transferred to leather, creating a tangible new incarnation. With the expense and intricacy of the jewels stripped away, their essence and visual intensity are extracted. Printed and scored leather.

Designer: Mike and Maaike [ Via: Mocoloco ]

Stolen Jewels by Mike & Maaike

• nutbastard says:

i would rock pixelated gear. I think it would be cool to paint a car with oversized pixels, so that your ride would look like something out of the original need for speed on ps1. you’d see a lot of double-takes, thats for sure.

• Nadia says:

“With the expense and intricacy of the jewels stripped away, their essence and visual intensity are extracted…”

what a subversion of what’s valuable… love the idea… love the look..

• Jeni says:

These are great! When and where will they available in Australia?

• Willzville says:

OMG THAT IS GENIUS!

• eric says:

interesting perspective on what society values

the pixels look uncomfortable to wear though. just a thought

• Dan says:

I think its brilliant.. Altho every time i look at it my eyes try to refocus cause it looks blury…. oh well :p

• AlleyJack Creative says:

Eh. I think it's a neat thought experiment, but there are more attractive things to do with pixels in accessories. As Dan said, they're kind of painful to focus on. I'd prefer to have an 8-bit tie.

• AlleyJack Creative says: