One Sexy F1 Car

Aryton Senna’s 1986 Lotus 98T is probably one of the most iconic Formula One cars. It’s the last in a long line of cars in the beautiful John Player Special colors of black and gold. This concept reinterprets these colors for Team Lotus in the F1 season 2011. It celebrates the pure beauty of F1 cars with matte black sponsor logos instead of bright obnoxious branding. Black carbon fibre is left unpainted to reduce weight. The top surfaces are coated with a matte finish to improve laminar flow reducing turbulence and increasing aerodynamic efficiency.

Designer: Sonny Lim

• Wow I like the Black queen. Awesome.

• Grey says:

Really sweet design, i would go with black on black any day. but I'm afraid sponsors want to be seen and not hidden. So the white top would be more appealing to them. Still sweet looking though

• midbach says:

This was for Group Lotus, not Team Lotus…

• sergio says:

it looks like a carbon copy of any current race f1 car with white and black color scheme
    all you need is to trace the side view, front view and top view with illustrator of any racing kart..
    the rendering looks as if the car just went through a crashing test

• vik says:

harsh? if ur going to troll on someones work at least be constructive while doing it… i agree the design is quite similar to existing f1 cars, but the colour schemes are great and the rendering quality superb, keep at it!

• Willy says:

teh aerodynamics of f1 cars are not to be flexed with. Deviating with some stupid flashy design is not what f1 is about. They been workin on that shape for a long time, also there are lots of restrictions involved. Aside from spoilers and canards, they will all look like carbon copies forever to you

• Willy says:

• DerekB says:

How are the matt areas supposed to increase laminar flow across the car?

• Trench Mauser says:

When I read the title I thought “Great, it’s probably an old F1 from the pre- one billion wing flaps era) but then I saw the image and got disappointed.

• Pingback: BMW i8 Spyder
  • Not often do I encounter a weblog that’s both educated and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the problem is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for info relating to this.