Talking With A Palm

The future iPhone is here or at least in conceptual form. Given that size, design and features need to be drastically innovated, the NOT A Phone – Next Generation iPhone, delves into the projection arena. So basically you strap the next-gen iPhone to your wrist and project the display to your palm. You can figure out rest of the drill from the images, so my question to you today is….are we in for projection screens for phones? Is that the future of phone display, have a basic small screen and project the rest of it?

Designer: Samuel Lee Kwon

Shares 6.7K

• TheJoker says:

Actively projecting a shadow. Yep, NOW I've seen everything.

• Durka says:

What a terrible concept. How this made it onto MacTalk is beyond me. Firstly, the image will be bumpy as all hell projected onto a hand. Second, in full daylight, this would be barely viewable. Third, the design of the alternate round and sharp corners is pointless and probably uncomfortable to wear. Fourth, you lose a hand. If you're sitting at a coffee shop and you want to use a hand to grab the cup, while using the other hand to punch in stuff on the screen, you can't… you're short a hand. Fifth, there's no way the projected image could work on that steep of an angle (from the wrist along the palm). Sorry, but I don't even know why you wasted your time uploading this concept. It's a dead duck.

• Durka says:

• samuel says:

sweet idea.

• samuel says:

sweet idea.

• AlleyJack Creative says:

I can't see how projection would work at all for iPhone requirements. I'm not an expert on the technology, but I'm assuming there would be issues with low visibility, lack of display detail (especially for small fonts), unreliable feedback, interrupted display if you move your fingers, variable 'screen' size depending on people's hand size, plenty of potential interruptions to the projector itself…

Definitely not something I'd consider useful.

• AlleyJack Creative says:

Definitely not something I'd consider useful.

• shmootz89 says:

nobody would love it after using this 1 week. painfull over the time. and the shape is very non-apple

• shmootz89 says:

• Master says:

just wastage of money,no more advantage just like blind.I am totally flabbergasted to see and i am also not exhilarating in it try to use more acrimony than design it which make all the costumers reliable…………..

• Master says:

• Pingback: Anonymous
  • James Chicklis says:

I would try it and I like the concept but there is a point how would you se it in the day light, or play games or what ever you might do. Unless you were to project everything in front of you and the phone to your hand, you would have to use a bluetooth to hear all calls unless you could think of a way to generate sound out of air.

• James Chicklis says:

• fantasticpam says:

This is already happening.
    Although it's not an "iPhone" brand, there already is the technology to do this. My friend just did a report on the new development in portable computer technology (i.e. wearable computers) and part of her report was on projections, and that included the projector phone.
    Now I'm not dissing the concept, because it is cool (saves a lot of plastic and you'd never drop your expensive iPhone anywhere which is nice) but it isn't exactly new. I wish this site–although it is generally a concept site from what I've seen–would also include similar REAL products to show that half of this isn't /all/ malarky.

• fantasticpam says:

This is already happening.
    Although it's not an “iPhone” brand, there already is the technology to do this. My friend just did a report on the new development in portable computer technology (i.e. wearable computers) and part of her report was on projections, and that included the projector phone.

• generally an interesting idea

• chandrasekharreddy.earva@gfmail.com says:

when it going to be launched

• This phone is called the innovation of mobile phone technology in other words.

• Mukaihara says:

The concept be first in March. 27 2010 from Taiwan.

• Jimmy C says:

Yeah, I’m actually not so sure about this one. I can see good effort, but the human hand just isn’t built for this.

• Apollo keem says:

bluetooth headset,,mini L.E.D stylist,,voice recognition/command

• Pingback: Anonymous
  • I savor, lead to I discovered exactly what I was having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you
    man. Have a nice day. Bye

• If you are going for best contents like me, only pay a visit this web site all the time since
    it provides quality contents, thanks

• Bapi says:

How much prices???

• Among their many accomplishments, they were among the first women to hold public office
    in the British Empire.