Whoa! Men To Pee and Wash In The Same Stand!

I’m not a man so I really don’t know how comfortable you guys are going to be with this thought…peeing and washing hands in the same urinal stand! What Designer Yeongwoo Kim has done is incorporated the wash basin just above the spot you take aim to pee. The reason cited is that you’ll save a water flush cycle, coz when you rinse your hand after the job (I hope you guys do that!), the same gray water can be used to cleanse the urinal basin. Tell me, how many of you guys will be comfortable with this? For once, my opinion doesn’t count, but I do find it funny!

Eco Urinal is an iF Concept Design 2010 winning entry!

Patent Pending : 30-2010-0009743
To save water, Eco Urinal is designed to use the water that was used for washing hands to flush the urine. By this process, we don’t have to use water twice after using the urinal. Moreover, it reduces the establishment expenses by optimizing the materials. Upper space of this urinal is made with glass, and it helps to secure a clear view for users. It also promotes people to keep their sanitation because people need to wash their hands to flush the urine after use.

Designer: Yeongwoo Kim

• Hello, after reading this remarkable piece of
      writing i am also glad to share my know-how here with
      colleagues.

• Hunter says:

Your sister has a urinal in her house?

D:

• jeramy says:

Love the basic idea…would change a few things that might make it more comfortable and easier to produce. Instead of glass, I’d just keep it all stainless steel. Instead of having a little 1 foot break between each urinal setup, I’d have a kind of built in partition for added privacy. If built right, you could have the frame extended up in a way that would provide that and that frame could also be made in a way to give way to a simple insert for the mirror instead of the trouble of wall mounting it independently. We deal with gauge type stainless plate here all the time and producing massive volumes of these things would be a breeze.

• Trick says:

Pretty sure that’s exactly what he was saying.

Check yourself before you check someone else checking someone else.

• Bella says:

…He was quoting the post not correcting it.

• Am I the only one... says:

…. that would see pissing in the sink as a challenge?

• Peter says:

SPLASH MUCH??

• Joe says:

Sometimes when I have morning erections, I just pee in the sink.

• or ending up going in that space between the stalls!!!

• scomged says:

My first thought when saw it:
      The pee would splash back on the pants!
      I can’t get over that thought…

• asd says:

You won’t wash the sides/side-walls of the urinal this way.

• Kendle says:

Space between urinals too small..needs be further apart otherwise people will be touching..idea already working like this in Japanese homes where the water to wash hands is recycled to flush the urine. it’s a novelty only design-wise but not eco-wise. over-all patent will probably not be granted.

• Michael says:

You eco-nazis can piss all over each other’s hands to clean up as far as I’m concerned. I’ll be damned if you’ll catch me washing where I piss.

• krajichek says:

Whaaat? I wash my hands BEFORE peeing. My “thing” is sacred.

• Max says:

Not a great idea. The point of having sinks separate from urinals is to keep things efficient. After men do their business they can move away to the sink to wash and check their hair so other men can use the urinals. And the designs above also don’t seem to take into consideration that urine actually causes a substantial amount of steam to be produced thus fogging up the glass ceiling at the top.

• cachid says:

I agree with the last poster. Interesting design. After considering the hygiene issues this isn’t a good design at all.

I’m surprised the designer spent money to get this patented.

• Timbo says:

love the idea. one suggestion: men will pee without looking where they pee. Cut out the spaces between the units because they are confusing and will lead to poor hygiene situations

• nalliah says:

You’re right Radhika and lots of water is wasted in flushing and washing.

• Jugjools says:

Some of these comments are classic! As a woman who generally has to pass gents toilets the stench is unbearable!
      Some comments and possible solutions:

Unable to aim straight – concentrate on what you’re doing!

Too much waiting time for the next user – you clearly haven’t waited in ladies toilets or you’d know what waiting time is.

Splashback – would there be any more than you already create?

Uncomfortbale peeing next to another man – you already do that and how many of you have “crossed swords” whilst there?! My son and his friends call it the X Factor!!!!!

Great idea, I shall be sending this link onto many friends/colleagues!

• abunchofgibberish says:

There were many other typos and grammatical errors in that post; the fact that you read to the end and went out of your way to point only one of them out shows the whole internet that you’re an idiot.

Get a life tho lol!

• sajid says:

I did not like the idea due to this when you do the pee your cloth would be wet with the pee due to reflecting pee drops.

• Geoff says:

In residential? Yes, that could probably work out.

In public? HELL NO!

And what about the #2 (poop)?

• Total honesty…I pee in the sink all the time. It’s the perfect hight and makes less mess than aiming and splashing in the toilet.

I am looking in the mirror and wash my hands when done.

• Bob says:

this person was quoting the comment he was correcting…use your own advice…lol

• jetskeir369 says:

Anyone else notice that in the picture with them lined up, there is no soap dispensers. I mean what use is it to wash your hands if you don’t use soap.

• Hunter says:

Perhaps the sink dispenses hand sanitizer?

• LT Glen says:

Maybe funny, but I always take three napkins to the urinal. One w/soap, another well dampened w/rinse water, and the last to dry. Then I carry the the three to the waste can. THEN, I was my hands.
      If the new machine is only for hands and not a pecker washer, I hope they don’t have an air jet.
      I don’t want any hot air up the tubes.
      Waiting to see. G.

• Marc Symons says:

Urgh! no soap?!

• june bug says:

To those who suggest that some pee-ers would opt to pee in the basin atop the pee place, how would they reach it? Stretch, bend, twist, what? Good Idea, better than seeing those open urinals, ugh, gag.

• Emily says:

Idea for more privacy: Add a divider extending from the middle of each countertop to the top of each mirror, shaped like a trapezoid where the top and bottom edges are parallel and form a right angle with the wall and the front edge angles out toward the user head at maybe a 110 degree angle from the countertop (like a climbing wall, in shape). If all the guy needs to use the countertop for is to set down his wallet, keys, and phone, I think there’s enough space to divide each in two.

• anon says:

This is exactly what would happen. The less mature guys would make a contest out of it for sport.

• Taylor says:

Actually “this ignorant people” does in fact make sense. “People” can be used to describe a group. In this case, the word is singular, not plural.

• Eilieen Eulich says:

There could still be stalls for pee-shy little babies. And there could be little dividers between the urinals like many bathrooms have. The urinal could be shaped in any way to prevent splashing — it’s the concept of using wash water for flushing that makes this unique. But it seems too hard for you to imagine anything besides the specific picture you see. Maybe you shouldn’t hang out in creative design sites — it takes some thinking outside of the box. Good luck with that.

• guy says:

I see a “whole new level” when it comes to upper deckers.

• Bobby says:

The only problem i foresee with this design is… It might be hard to get a proper piss angle with one of these (as is a problem with a lot of urinals) causing splash back to become an issue.

• rad says:

I like the idea very much, except for the splashing part. As Bobby above mentioned, it’s hard to urinate on a straight surface without making it splash all around.

Consider that the splashing will reach the lower part of the washbasin and you no longer have such a clean solution, so I see room for improvement there.

• Hunter says:

I do not want to pee next to this guy…

• iScotty says:

Stupid! Peeing on your hands fixed this problem long ago.

• Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your
      site, how can i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a appropriate
      deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept

• Uninstall the sound card driver and scan it for hardware changes.

It’s cousin, Microsoft Works, is also not half bad. ^ “ISO 32000-1:2008 – Document management – Portable document format – Part 1: PDF 1.

• This Coach Leather Tote Handbag is made from signature ultra soft leather, and
      has multi-function pockets inside where you can place your cell phone
      and other belongings. Here are some investment rules and strategies to
      follow when signs of deflation appear. Have you ever felt that there is more to nutrition and health than merely
      telling people what to eat and what not to eat.