A Mouse for Those with Hands

This mouse looks basically just like a hand. It is what’s called “ergonomic,” if you know what I mean. It’s the “G50 Vanguard”, a mouse made both to combat major causes of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) and to be aesthetically pleasing to PC gamers. The hand goes on the mouse, the mouse works with the CPU. Months of solid foam model studies were done to find the best combo of fronts to fight RSI with this mouse, and a BUNCH of buttons were added to tend to the gamers.

But where’s the scroll wheel?! It’s sorta still there because it’s kinda needed in some way or another, but where it’s been up until now has been terrible for the finger due to the unnatural finger arc movement. Instead the thumb rest is the new location for the scroll track and bar. The track does the same thing as the wheel did, but works more like a treadmill track.

Like all the other controls, this track is full customizable as to the functions it activates.

And you know how it’s a hand? It raises the entirety of your hand off the table and reduces wrist anchoring and finger clamping, two big causes of RSI. The total amount of buttons on the mouse is 11, that’s ELEVEN clickable controls with the option of a mappable function button which then increases that number to 23. All buttons have been ergonomically designed and located to keep with the fabulous anti-RSI theme of the whole mouse.

Hand mouse! Activate!

Designer: Damien Crossan

• Tamar Baratashvili says:

I want it!!!!

• Tamar Baratashvili says:

I want it!!!!

• very very nice and best smart
    thankyou

• very very nice and best smart
    thankyou

• john fister says:

this desing totaly blew my mind ..coz i asked myself why we are using only our 2 or 3 fingers ? instead of 5 damn they did it we got 5 fingers each hand remember ..

• john fister says:

• Colum says:

This is a really neat concept. It would be really cool if they made this into reality.

• Colum says:

• knamrac says:

I don't like it. i'm a gamer and other gamers agree with me on this one.

• knamrac says:

I don't like it. i'm a gamer and other gamers agree with me on this one.

• Links says:

Unfortunately for all the hopefuls, Logitech has already denied having anything to do with this mouse on their own forums :(

As a gamer I have to agree with the few people who have mentioned not being able to lift the mouse to move freely without the cursor following. Maybe if the right most fingers (pinky and it's neighbor) were resting on the right side of the mouse, allowing easy lifting without losing too much of the ergonomic shape.

That said I do like the same, my bigest problem as a big handed gamer is after a couple hours of play/work (Call centers are hard on your carpal tunnel) my palm gets cramped from being in a rounded position holding the mouse. I'd limit theprogramable buttons to 5-6 though. If you have to many in there, you'll be brain lagging trying to remember which does what at the wrong moments. Simpler is better is my personnal preference, but worst case those who agree with me could leave the extras unassigned.

All in all a very creative piece of theoretical tech, applauds to you for the work put into this.

• Links says:

• cyanide227 says:

Is this a mouse for gaming? anyway

1. The shape looks interesting, it worth testing.
    I dont think anyone get used to it.

2. About your wrist “support”, how can you do some precise movement if your hold arm in the air.
    Ergonomic? I don't C any ergonomics, i c just a sketchy design plastic model. With a plasticine badly modeled arm. Which also makes me feel ergonomics isn't your strong side of thinking of.

3. This is a WORST typography EVER! Fire your emblem creator. PROFIT guaranteed.

4. We all had enough with this cheapest glossiness you can ever imagine, its not a mirror, its the device u use every day.
    In some cases u want it to be awesome. AWESOME do not equal GLOSSY. Glossy = cheapSUXX. Give us some surface of mat or if u like carbon look like small tiny texture. Give us some smooth rubber.

5. And please next time u use word ergonomic. PLEASE mean it. Accordingly to this not even solid sketch i don't have any desire not only to buy this mouse but also to buy mouses from this BRAND whatever it is.

6. Maybe this form barely gonna work for peoples with RSI but forget about GAMERS. Forever. )) And i don't joke.

• 613 The Evil says:

As a left-hander I laugh on your face Logitech and I click another link with my left hand on the Microsoft mouse I own. They suck also but yeah.

• darkshado says:

doesnt look that comfortable actually. i mean it would take months to get use to that new grip and where are left and right click

• Oliver says:

It'd be awesome and go so well with a G series keyboard. Alas, it's simply a concept.

• Oliver says:

• victor isass says:

dont like it. dont buy it.

• Raja says:

I like it.

i want the cost of the item and where i can get this

• Danana says:

Left handed?

• nate says:

you should look into the saitek rat 7, it doesn’t look much like the picture, but if you set it up right it feels amazing and your hand is in almost an identical position to that second to last picture.

• Kim says:

I thought that it indeed was better for you hand to rest on the desk, rather than floating in mid air :S

• Chris says:

I do agree that computer mice are not well designed for human ergonomics. The current gaming mice are nothing to be desired. The naturally cupped hand (almost a fist) provides least stress on finger tendons and in this position the fingers would work best in activating buttons. Also with the hand in this natural shape, the lack of tendon stress allows for better movement. Our hands are most adept for gripping horizontal objects, such as branches in our past. The many thousands of years in evolution cannot be discounted. The arm travels best in an arc swivel motion. The forwards and backwards motion would be best put back to up/down movement (also in an arc.) This more naturally mimics the screen orientation and forwards/backwards motion is slow and changes where the weight strains the wrist. If this is impractical, at least affording the whole wrist with support on the mouse would suffice perhaps. High speed movement needs physical damping, to assist preventing overshoot. i.e. more grip when moving mouse fast.