A Timeless Yacht Design

The highlight of the Cronos yacht is stunningly intricate woodwork that almost seems to grow from within the opulent interior and extend across spacious decks before pouring over into the water. The elaborate flooring and siding leaves little to be desired from additional furnishings. This is recognized in its otherwise minimal, albeit somewhat futuristic, interior and exterior. I’d never want to leave!

Designers: Simone Madella and Lorenzo Berselli

• mallard says:

Better than many of the other Millennium Yacht Design ideas, but a kite? I can remember seeing a far more efficient wind-capture device once that is often found on yachts, but I can’t quite remember what it was called…

• MDesigns says:

I want to like this for its beautiful interior. The exterior is underwhelming and bizarre but interesting. Gorgeous renderings, nice work.

• Sailor says:

Winds in upper heights are usually stronger and blow much more steady than on the rough and turbulent surface, so a kite can be more efficient than traditional sails.

• Jimmy C says:

Wow, that’s amazing. I’m loving the different types of paneling here.

• Teto says:

amazing!!!

• Ismo says:

Timeless beauty with green values = Perfect match! Want one of these 🙂

• cra says:

Displacement?

• cra says:

Um, no.

• trimtab21 says:

i have serious doubts about how seaworthy the design would be, in even moderate seas. A wave would come right over the bow and blow out those windows. Cable supported stairs on a boat? Not! It’s missing allot of basic nautical necessities such as mooring decks, etc.
    but very nice renderings!

• Hunter says:

Great design! Except for the stairs between from the main deck to the roof.

They look awesome! but anytime you hang with only cables from the ceiling surfaces on which you plan to stand, you must factor in the certainty that said cables will break. With your current design, when they break, the step will fall to the floor and people on the roof will be stranded from lower levels. If everyone’s on the roof, then the boat will never again move under its own power.

Also, the design of the boarding dock (in picture 16) implies that it can be raised and lowered. I highly suggest this feature if it isn’t already available. This would make the vessel more aerodynamic and prevent unwanted guests from boarding.

• Freeman says:

This has the makings of a summer/winter lagoon cruiser and I think its fantastic. Forget the high sea, I never want to go out there, what I want is luxurious calm water cruising with indoor and outdoor facilities and this is the best solution I have ever seen.