Customize Your Flush!

Ladies & gents, let’s be totally candid for a sec & talk about… you guessed it, potty-time! Did you know that the standard toilet uses 15x more drinking water per day than a human does? Sure, low-flush toilets & dry urinals help reduce consumption, but what else can be done to conserve water? Considering that different types of waste require different amounts of water, designer Jose Genovés developed Natura, a toilet that adapts to male urination, female urination, & defecation, reducing water consumption by up to 60%!

For male urination, Natura provides a male urinal totally integrated into the toilet design. The urinal is a reclining element placed in the back part of the toilet and lowers toward the user with a simple “push to open” system. The urinal will dispose the urine with only a half liter of water, saving 30% of the water used by conventional toilets for the same purpose.

For female urination, the urine is disposed through an extra eco-siphon which requires only a half liter of water. As in any separating toilet, it is required to dispose of toilet paper without being flushed, otherwise no water is saved. Natura has a lower water level at the bottom of the bowl, keeping paper out of the users sight and preparing it for flush during the next cycle.

For defecation, Natura increases the water consumption from 4.5 liters to 6 to flush away any stored toilet paper. Even with the additional water consumption for this process, the toilet still reduces overall consumption by up to 60% with the reductions made during the urination process.

Designer: Jose Genovés

• TOPRICE.IE says:

it's pretty interestic concept, but you would have to prepare some step by step for those who wouldn't know how to use it properly.

• I would like the lid to open with some type of foot lever. But for the rest I looks pretty awesome!

How much would such a thing cost?

• ToddDunning says:

If only there actually were water shortages this would have a purpose. It makes us all feel good to imagine we are doing something good, but 'water shortages' aren't an actual issue. A few thousand years ago, municipal water systems were invented. And billions of years before that, the Water Cycle has cleansed the earth's water continually as it does today. If a modern community can't even hook itself up to decent water and sewer systems, I'm thinking they should get those problems solved before deciding that people should go without a proper flushing toilet.

• Ziwen Zhao says:

If one kid come to my home, how do he do ? The weight of the toilet is not available for the weight of kid.

• Iztok says:

I wana buy it .. so anybody know where to look . Tnx

• Jeremy says:

i would not want to touch that urinal box… also, this should have used silhouettes of ppl, not renders of naked ones because that’s kinda awkward

• anarchocapitalist says:

Please, someone tell me what happens to the water when you flush a standard toilet? What happens to water when you wash your hands, take a bath or shower. Where do we get our clean water from? Why is there such a need to save so much water? Why would ANYONE want to leave the used paper in the bottom until the next flush. Who has room in a normal home bathroom to put this monstrosity? This doesn’t make me think high tech, it makes me think outhouse inside. Do you understand the types of diseases that can be transmitted by this kind of waste system? Maybe your entire goal is to take civilization back to a time when filth and disease was the norm and lifespans were around 45yrs.

• Gypsy says:

I like it! I have made one like it but this one incorporates more than mine. How and where can I get one for my motor home?

Please advise to location in America where I can buy this toilet and at wholesale as well since I build custom built motor homes.

• How will the Mens part remain clean, in psrticular inside?