Odorless Kitchen with Space

The majority of the time, kitchen smells are good. I mean who can resist the whiff of a freshly baked cake? However keeping the oily drafts in control requires a good hood and efficient ventilation. The Electrolux Aeolus is a concept that promises good odor control but also looks into the problems of space crunch in a kitchen. The rim-like frame is suspended from the ceiling and has hooks and platforms to hold glasses and pans. I love the chic look and sophisticated touch that it adds to a kitchen.

Designer: Chi Rong Hsu

• jehzlau says:

Really nice and ergonomic concept… ^_^ I wish my kitchen will have one of these soon!

• tim rowledge says:

And the air is moved where, how, by what mechanism? Did I miss the announcement that wishful thinking had been discovered to be the fifth force?

• Josh says:

How about considering that how it works is now Electrolux intellectual property that they probably chose to keep for themselves?

• Chi-Rong says:

Dear tim rowledge:

surely, there are some idea of tech behind it,

I wish I can explain it in short sentence,
      the rim-like frame has the function as air curtain,
      simply speaking, it can blow out a four dimension thin air wall to keep oil smoke field above stove,
      and after the oil smoke sucked into the center part will be decomposed by UV technology,
      and pure air (with anions)blow out from the frame again, become a air purify cycle,
      instead of exhaust out to exterior, this is not only a beautiful product but also make environment sustainable.

Hsu, Chi-Rong

• Bob says:

I want to know how it works.. Otherwise I could make concept about a 1×1 cm block that those the same.

• Josh says:

You can't know how it works, otherwise you could make concept about a 1x1cm block that DOES the same. Defeats the purpose of sponsoring a bunch of students for their ideas don't you think?

• Bob says:

Yeah, I saw that typo later 😉

If there is an idea/technology behind it that works then I take my words back. But I get annoyed with these concept that looks great products just because they are almost impossible. “Hi R&D, here is a foldable hovering car drawing I made, have fun!”

• Chi-Rong says:

Dear Bob :

surely, there are some idea of tech behind it,

I wish I can explain it in short sentence,
      the rim-like frame has the function as air curtain,
      simply speaking, it can blow out a four dimension thin air wall to keep oil smoke stay in the field above stove,

Hsu, Chi-Rong

• Bob says:

• mehrdad says:

great , I’m industrial designer too . ergonomically design & experimental design to combine together good luck