Wireless Multitouch Wacom

I use a Wacom everyday and love the experience except why not just make it a screen with multitouch? I was delighted when a twitter follower tipped me off on this concept by Derick Schweppe. Let me preface by saying this is an unofficial concept. The Android OS  Wacom tablet can be used as an input for fully featured software like Photoshop and incorporates a dual digitizer with both active pen and touch input. When sketching with the pen, palm rejection is activated. The tablet utilizes a high quality IPS display. Do want!

Designer: Derick Schweppe, Hat tip to idsketching and @marchedesign

• TOM says:

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOE YEARS………GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

• Chris says:

yeah bring it on

• Wait .. .what ?

Wacom already had touch&ben device input, they just had no display 🙂

• Yuri says:

I'm pretty sure i've seen exactly that a couple of says ago in a store. Strange… Well anyways since I know how sometimes even strong dual-core desktops struggle with Photoshop, and knowing how demanding a fluid Wacom can be- I'm very skeptic about the experience. I would love taking it on a test drive to find out :))

• mohan vijay says:

it is already there in the market – Cintiq 21UX waccom, & what about sketchbook pro apps for tablets.

• Melchior says:

This concept features a multitouch display, something the Cintiq series doesn't have, that's the main difference but other then that it's basicly the same as the Cintiq series.

• Melchior says:

• This is a tablet, not just a desktop device.

• @schwumps says:

Thats right, the tablet runs Android OS (honeycomb). There are two big benefits to this product.
    1: it allows the user to sketch digitally in high quality anywhere they want with Android and Apps designed for pen input by Adobe and Autodesk and others (these are actually in development, and there are already some great sketch programs for Android such as Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile)
    2: In a secondary mode it works as an input for a desktop computer or laptop (similar to a cintiq) but without wires. This allows you to use the tablets pen and touch for desktop software like Photoshop, Illustrator, and even 3d programs.

See more images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/with/54

• lorenzo says:

this reminds me of the cintiq more specifically the diy cintiq which cost approx 360 less then buying a cintiq this is basically that on steroids http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-a-DIY-Cinti
    i love it it combines the simplicity of a mobile os type tablet/apps with the functionality of the best computer tablet an artist can get

• can I get a beta…. 😉

• can I get a beta…. 😉

• zak says:

i hope it doesnt stay a concept…… make it. have used a phew wacom tablets but that looks great. do wacom know this concept is up

• Alex Vazquez says:

I would do unspeakable things to get one of these.

• Radek says:

Asus has made already something similar: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QhWKR7Fmv4j

• illustrator says:

I have been waiting for this! I would buy one the second it came out, this is my dream machine. When will this happen?

• illustrator says:

• joepfjea says:

I really love your design! Samsung is currently working on something similar.

• gunstar says:

MAKE this Possible! A reality! This will be phenomenal!

• I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
    like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.|
    I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!|
    Love the website! Where is the newsletter sign-up box?