How About a Soft Screw?

Soft Screwdriver is a very easy to carry set of tools that is cleverly packaged. Ten different screwdriver shafts are housed in a strip made of plastic and rubber, which can be rolled to form the driver-head. Simply affix the right-sized tool you require into the middle of the driver-head and you’re ready to go! Folded like a bamboo mat or unfurled, I like the compact design.

Designer: Arthur Xin (Se Xin)

• Askaaron says:

Not very clever to mount the driver using a threading – this way the driver will fall out, depending in which direction you want to turn the screws. A nice gimmick, but not a really useful tool. I've seen much better tools with nice design in my local shop.

• Askaaron says:

• vinism says:

I guess that it was designed by chinese students .

• vinism says:

I guess that it was designed by chinese students .

• Johnny says:

Designed by someone who has never used a screwdriver.

• Johnny says:

Designed by someone who has never used a screwdriver.

• Philip says:

I like it. I agree that mounting the drivers has not been solved here – a simple solution would be the common hexagonal shaft with a magnetic mounting point.

• Philip says:

• erik m. says:

What is the point of having it unroll?

• erik m. says:

What is the point of having it unroll?

• tweakie says:

Some have not realized that the driver is inserted from inside, reverse screwed in place, followed by the plain rod and then the end cap fitted to prevent the driver unscrewing during use. A very neat looking design.

• Dan says:

not sure where you're getting that idea from: the caps seem to merely house the unused bits, and go on the opposite end.
      Agreeing with Med in principal but not wording, thoroughly underdesigned and underthought rather than overdesigned.
      This is the post that made me unsubscribe to this site.

• tweakie says:

• Dan says:

This is the post that made me unsubscribe to this site.

• med says:

Silly design just for sake of being different. This is what I called "overdesigned".
    Please make a quick mock-up and try to use it. Than after short Mea culpa moment say sorry to everyone and delete your "clever" design.

• med says:

Silly design just for sake of being different. This is what I called “overdesigned”.
    Please make a quick mock-up and try to use it. Than after short Mea culpa moment say sorry to everyone and delete your “clever” design.

• gold says:

it’s a good idea, i want to buy it.

• gold says:

it’s a good idea, i want to buy it.