3 Firms, 3 Visions For The Future Of Los Angeles

I have a love/hate relationship with the city of Angels. I’ve lived here since 2002 and in that short time have come to accept some of L.A.’s defining qualities. Sure the traffic gets to me, the pollution and the ever looming threat of the “big one” but what will it really be like in 2030? Newsweek has a cool interactive feature offering glimpses called The Future Of Work. Three visions by three firms – Michael Maltzan Architecture, Gensler and cityLAB.

Website: The Future Of Work by Newsweek

• Mike Simms says:

I've lived here since 1962! Los Angeles is an "organically grown city", in that almost nothing was planned. It just grew out of farms and swamps. We had a really progressive transportation system call the Red Car line, which was demolished in favor of our freeways. It's the perfect laboratory for a civil improvement experiment! I say, let's get started!

• Mike Simms says:

I've lived here since 1962! Los Angeles is an “organically grown city”, in that almost nothing was planned. It just grew out of farms and swamps. We had a really progressive transportation system call the Red Car line, which was demolished in favor of our freeways. It's the perfect laboratory for a civil improvement experiment! I say, let's get started!

• 沈建志 says:

It's beartiful!

• @atonny says:

Sorry, but it just a test!!

• @atonny says:

Sorry, but it just a test!!

• Robert says:

Sorry folks, if you want to see LA of 2030 look at Mexico City right now, not a social comment just a realization that we are growing in a different direction. It is like the homes of the future in the 30's, not here as most people still live in the style of homes that their grandparents lived in

• Robert says: