It’s A Key Thing

Keys here, keys there, keys everywhere, and then just when you need them, keys disappear. Funny how the universe works huh? The #8 KeyThing circumvents that fact of life by giving you one place to keep all your keys. The lady bug looking contraption is a simple piece of rubber with grippy port holes. As long as you remember where you mounted it, losing your keys should be a thing of the past.

Designers: Thomas Brinch-Møller & Jacob M. Lund

• Love it. No more “Where the hell is the key????”

• Love it. No more “Where the hell is the key????”

• Eric says:

Cute novelty idea for an impulse buy. I think it has real potential!

• justin says:

No more key bowl!!!!!

• Gadgeta says:

Fantastic design for a simple solution. Who needs hooks, bowls, drawers. This holds keys perfectly.

• matt says:

great idea, this thing better be on the market

• VoReason says:

This is just begging for someone to steal your car, open your lockbox, and open every other lock that keeps the baddies out.

If you are robbed, there is nothing to stop them from taking every car you own. They already have punch code key boxes that you can mount, some of them quite sexy, so that you can keep your keys safe and keep them in one place.

Designers… Some one needs to repeat the mantra: don’t reinvent the wheel.

• Eric says:

Different needs for different people. Many people own several different versions of a wheel. How is this different? It’s not designed for everyone, duh. I know people that would love this (and don’t live in ‘baddie’ neighborhoods as a plus.) I personally have an RFID entrance so I don’t need this, but I don’t see what’s so wrong with offering it to those who do…

• guest says:

Good point. We should all hide all our keys completely separately from each other on the offchance that someone could break into our home and take all of them and then somehow know what each key is used to unlock.

In fact, as a hedge against theft, we should probably do away with keyrings! Each of our keys should be kept in a completely separate pocket. Oh, wait, no, then if someone were to steal our clothes, they'd be able to use them all. I guess the only option is to keep every key folded carefully into a different part of the body, like the elbow or the underarm, or any orifice you care to name.

Oh, I'm sorry, you mentioned punchboxes. Well, why stop there? We could keep all of our keys together in our combination-locked safes, the ones hidden behind trashy paintings in the foyer. Oh, but wait, that wouldn't be "sexy."

Commentors… Someone needs to repeat the mantra: don't be a dick. Security is obviously not a concern here. Ease of use, ease of organization, and creative design are.

• guest says:

Oh, I'm sorry, you mentioned punchboxes. Well, why stop there? We could keep all of our keys together in our combination-locked safes, the ones hidden behind trashy paintings in the foyer. Oh, but wait, that wouldn't be “sexy.”

• Carl says:

Voreason nice comment, but chew on this.

do i like it no?, would i buy one? no. Would this sell across the world in large amounts for a healthy profit. YES

People arent perfect, and this solution isnt either, but if one of my many girlfriends bought me it i would put it up and use it and it would remind me of how much she loves me.

end of.

• KwangErn says:

Sweet!

• That’s actually pretty clever. I always lose my keys. I need to tack one of these up next to my door!

• Faisal says:

where can i buy this ?!?

• marc says:

Any information on production? Where I can buy one??
    Thanks
    Marc

• marc says:

Any information on production? Where I can buy one??
    Thanks
    Marc

• Shift says:

Would buy in an instant! Cute and easy!

• Shift says:

Would buy in an instant! Cute and easy!

• andrea says: